battery usage

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ok so my phone has been off charger for 1 hour 46 min. My cell standy by time says I have been without a signal for 60% of the time I was off charger. It has used 14% of battery usage. This seems like a lot of time and battery used considering I am in NYC and do not think I have been in too many dead zones. My question is, what is up with that? Other people should check there times, when I have free time I will sit in one place with full service and see what happens with loss of signal.

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed this too...like right now I have been unplugged for 57min and 13% without signal. Which does not make sense, I have not left my house and I have not noticed no bars. Any info would be helpful

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I may be off base, but when my BB went through dead zones it was still pinging, looking for a signal, and that seemed to take a lot of battery power. Maybe the Droid does the same thing?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I do believe that baycruisers is correct. Generally, most devices will continue to ping and attempt to send Data at an above normal rate when going through a dead zone in an attempt to discover a signal. The constant communication with the phones radio without a doubt is going to chew up more battery than normal.

tds101

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Use "Airplane Mode" to save battery life when a signal isn't available. I work for NYCT as a trackworker @nite (underground 99% of my shift), and the battery will die in less than 4hrs trying to find a signal. Airplane mode saves the day!!!

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
for me, when I'm in a zone that has always been 5 bars, like my apartment, I can pick up my phone and it'll say zero bars, then quickly jump to 5, then down to 4, then back to 5, maybe back to 0, it's very sporadic. The call quality and actual data connection are fine, but the signal readout is all over the place, maybe this is the problem? a glitch in the software?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me too! Today was the first day this has happened. Now my battery life wasn't horrible, but the weird thing was that "idle" took second place for most battery usage at 25%. Nothing out of the ordinary today as far as my usual routine...Hopefully this will be fixed with the update. I remember this was a horrible problem for my pre. I ALWAYS had to remember to switch to airplane mode when getting on the subway or risk not having a working phone. However palm updated the OS and this was minimized. Let's hope the same is true for Goog

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use one of the widgets that allows you to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, gps, as well as adjust the brightness. I have noticed a difference when I use this appropriately.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You can see the "bad apps" by checking your "battery use" section. In my experience, it varies by the app and how often/long you use it. and/or sometimes there are random blips (for example 1 day facebook randomly used 60%+ of my battery usage, but not usuall).

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So when it says time without a signal....is that % really true? I have been at work the whole time and since phone unplugged it says 74% without signal in 2 hrs and 45 min.....that is crazy if true. I have not been using my phone the whole time so I am not sure if I really have been without a signal for that long.

Any ideas?

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That's interesting...wonder why it does not show...I know mine shows a % even if it is 0, which I have only seen once lol.

When I put my phone back on The charger a few ago I was up to 81% without signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24