BB HUB+ Duplicate Phone Numbers in InBox when making a call!

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am a long time Blackberry Customer, really disappointed no more Blackberry Phones so decided to purchase Google 7 Unlocked, transferred all BB apps from Google Backup..

Contrary to a lot of opinion I like the App, nothing like it anywhere in Google store, and this App interfaces with Apple iCloud.

There is an Issue when I make an AT&T call I get multiple duplicate entries of the called phone number in HUB InBox, the called number gets duplicated 2 or 3 times in the HUB InBox.

I am very technical and tried everything to fix this.

I even looked at the replaced Keyone Hub+setting to check with setting on the new Pixel 7.

Everything looks the same.Inbox.png

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Any reason you need to see the phone log in the Hub at all?

Just asking. It just seems that it's better to let the phone app do it's thing.

It could be every time you go in and out of the phone app, the notification keeps resending to the notification banner and getting picked up by the Hub in the process.

MS Teams does something similar if you minimize out of an ongoing meeting, the Hub picks up a Teams entry with "Tap to return", which is also in the notification pull-down.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I love the BlackBerry Hub too. That's all I've used since before it was made available in the Play Store and had to use the Cobalt patched apps from the Priv on a Samsung S8 back in 2017.

Of course, that method no longer works, so I'm using the ad supported Play Store available versions. Only the Calendar and Inbox work as ad supported. The other apps require an active subscription to access after the free first month.

Also using the BlackBerry keyboard app. Still works great under Android 13.

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hub+services and HUB will not let me turn off Phone Permissions. So I am still getting duplicates when I make a ATT call.

I am OK turning off but HUB will not allow it. It will not open until I enable all Permissions.

Ideas?????

Attachments

• Home.png
    Home.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 8

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
No. Not permissions.

While in the Inbox, tap the settings gear in the upper right corner. Go down to "Manage views". You can save different view sets if you wish, but there should be one default, "BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox". Tap that. Then uncheck the "call logs". Back out and you're done. You can check or uncheck anything you wish to see or not see in the Inbox from there.

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Great suggestion, thank you, I am surprised that this app does not get more recognition.

I have been using it a long time on several generations of Blackberry's, and now on this nice Pixel 7.

Thanks

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Great suggestion, thank you, I am surprised that this app does not get more recognition.

I have been using it a long time on several generations of Blackberry's, and now on this nice Pixel 7.

Thanks

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Great suggestion, Thanks. I am surprised that this app does not get more recognition. I have been using it for several generations of Blackberry phones, and now on this Pixel 7. It is a really useful app.

Thank you,

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
On Pixel 7 is there a way to view a more detailed system log to see how multiple entries are being created?

I did turn off phone views, great suggestion, but wondering what is the real cause of duplication. This morning I made a wifi call and have 4 duplications in the Inbox.

Comments?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
On Pixel 7 is there a way to view a more detailed system log to see how multiple entries are being created?

I did turn off phone views, great suggestion, but wondering what is the real cause of duplication. This morning I made a wifi call and have 4 duplications in the Inbox.

Comments?

Can't help with the wi-fi calling. I don't use that so I have no experience with it. I would assume that's a separate item to turn off as it should be listed in the Manage views section if it is showing up in the Hub.

I don't know anything about viewing any system logs, or if there is anything like that to even access. I think that's the wrong rabbit hole to run down. Taming the Hub is not that difficult.