Been reading the rumors and guesses about the "watch 2".

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Personally I love mine.. The only thing they REALLY need to update is the horrible charging setup.
Made the jump from a Samsung s2 gear (and a short time a moto 360) and they both have wireless charging... Before they I had a Pebble steel...
The only thing I hate is the charging puck with the 4 pins on this... Invariably it takes 2 or three tries to get it to line up and start charging, and if anything disturbs the phone the charging disconnects and I have to realign it.

The watch is great, great design, great build, but the charger just doesn't live up to the rest of the watch quality.

If they update that, I'll be one of the first in line to get the updated watch... Otherwise I'll likely stick with the version I have now... Cant think of too many other "updates" that would entice me to part with the Huawei I'm wearing right now.. I dont leave the phone home, so built in 4g isn't a plus for me, the watch already gets GPS data via the phone, so that wouldn't be any plus... This one is supposed to be getting 2.0.... And my bank still hasn't joined the 21st century and let us sign up for Android pay (even tho they are supporting Apple pay....) so NFC isn't anything useful....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree about the charger -- a curious design choice. It's also relatively easy to dislodge the charger unwittingly at night -- I've woken up in the morning to find the watch down to around 40%, instead of back up to 100%.

I wouldn't mind if they were able to make the next watch a little thinner ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil