Best Charging Station for Pixel Fold and Pixel Watch

damac3

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Houflody charging station from Amazon - Houflody

It works great with the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5, but for some reason the Pixel fold will start to charge but then stops. I don't know why. I have experienced this with and without a case. Its a shame as its built well, charges the other devices well, and can fold up for travel. I wonder what others are using. I have the Pixel watch and the Samsung Buds2 Pro. Looking for something that can charge them all.

Reactions: Chex313 and FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Houflody charging station from Amazon - Houflody

It works great with the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5, but for some reason the Pixel fold will start to charge but then stops. I don't know why. I have experienced this with and without a case. Its a shame as its built well, charges the other devices well, and can fold up for travel. I wonder what others are using. I have the Pixel watch and the Samsung Buds2 Pro. Looking for something that can charge them all.
Looks like a very interesting charger that can charge multiple devices including Pixel Watch, Buds and various phones. One review did say it worked on the Pixel Fold. Although, frankly, some of the reviews did seem very similar to each other so you do wonder. One negative review seemed to indicate that it did not work well charging multiple devices at the same time but others said it worked for multiples at the same time. I really wish that some of the reviews would come in after a reasonable period of use so you can tell if they are actually durable. This charger has so many hinge/swivel points that one does wonder about long term durability.

I just started a return on one third-party charger (actually, a package of two) that worked but seemed more finicky. I have an Anker Charger that is a bit less finicky with the Fold. And my Pixel Easel charger does not work reliably with the Pixel Fold. Some I do wonder about the Fold's wireless antenna or circuits. Well, enough of my rambling...

Reactions: Chex313

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@damac3

After reading his posts and having mixed luck with some other wireless chargers I decided that I would try that one and if it failed, I would return it to Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5XN63FW?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

It came yesterday and I plugged it in with a DJI drone adapter and cable. It seemed flakey. So I unwrapped its adapter and cable and fired it up. Phone with case was placed on charger and it showed "charging" and then I put the Pixel watch on and it indicated it was charging. Then I tossed on Pixel Ear Buds and that charging indicator lit up. Seemed reasonable but it was daytime and I wanted the watch and phone for use. Last night I put the watch and Fold phone on. Seems to have worked overnight.

Here's some photos. First, when first placed on charger, showing "charging" and then this morning's results. Obviously, it will need some more watching. Before I testify all is good.

Charging.
PXL_20230830_042455367.MP.jpg

All placed on charger.

PXL_20230830_135345293.jpg

Pixel Watch
PXL_20230830_135354831.jpg

Pixel Fold

PXL_20230830_135422025.jpg

PXL_20230830_135433588.jpg

I have noticed for all wireless chargers, that when I first place the Pixel Fold on the charger that there is a hesitation or delay before 3rd party apps show that charging has started. But I notice the battery icon in the status bar seems to show it is in charging mode (lightning bolt in battery) and then within a minute or two the 3rd party apps show active charging.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since @Chex313 reacted to my postings above and since three months have passed I will update my review or comments.

IT WORKS. Well, at least, for two of three devices. I nightly charge the Pixel Fold and the Pixel Watch on the stand. I rarely use the ear buds so don't add them to the mix.

Now, as far as durability. I just leave it setup as generally shown above and do not fold, spindle, staple or mutilate the stand! In other words I am not flattening it but leaving it regularly as an easel. I did not take it on a two week trip to Greece, preferring other tried and true methods just in case it might not prove durable. But I came home and resumed use with no issues, so far.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Since @Chex313 reacted to my postings above and since three months have passed I will update my review or comments.

IT WORKS. Well, at least, for two of three devices. I nightly charge the Pixel Fold and the Pixel Watch on the stand. I rarely use the ear buds so don't add them to the mix.

Now, as far as durability. I just leave it setup as generally shown above and do not fold, spindle, staple or mutilate the stand! In other words I am not flattening it but leaving it regularly as an easel. I did not take it on a two week trip to Greece, preferring other tried and true methods just in case it might not prove durable. But I came home and resumed use with no issues, so far.
I have a similar one like that in my bedroom that I use for my Apple watch and any of my phones that I wanted to charge at night.. I don't use the earbuds charging part either as I have other charges around the house...

SethMKnight

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
I bought mine on Amazon in July 2023 and LOVE IT! Although, it's the only wireless charging station I've owned, so I don't have much to compare it to. It basically lives on my bedside table but has accompanied me on a few trips now. Folds up well and works great! Have had no issues with charging all 3 devices at once as others have mentioned here. Once in a while it doesn't start charging my Pixel 6 Pro immediately upon putting it on the dock, however it does start right up within a few seconds. My only complaint is that there was not an instruction manual or anything to explain what the different lights colors and blinking mean! I may buy another soon for the living room.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have just learned that Google's Watch 2 does not use wireless charging so this stand will not work for it. That alone might allow me to stay, happily with the Watch 1. I really like this charging stand and it continues to work. Just yesterday, I dug out my Buds and added them to the mix overnight. All was well charged in the morning.

So going on five months with no issues.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one yesterday. Thanks for sharing! Plan to keep it on my desk and also use it for travel since it folds up nice and can charge my phone/watch/buds in one.
Just plugged it in and charging my watch right now. My phone, Pixel Fold, is over 90% so I'll have to try charging that later. Love the look and not needing the watch charging cable dangling on my desk.

Reactions: FF22

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Finally decided to order one for my Fold , P watch 1 and buds. Thanks for your review. and the other folks who posted.

Reactions: Bkdodger1 and FF22

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just plugged it in and charging my watch right now. My phone, Pixel Fold, is over 90% so I'll have to try charging that later. Love the look and not needing the watch charging cable dangling on my desk.
I'm returning the Houflody 3 in 1 Foldable Wireless Charging Station Only for Google Pixel Watch 2. Charges my fold ridiculously slow. Will take hours to fully charge. Even looking at IG while charging causes it to drain. Would be fine as an overnight charger I'd think but I want at my desk. My old gen 1 pixel stand charges much faster and even that is fairly slow.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Let us know what you think.
Hmm charges my phone OK. First night killed my watch. Warranty will replace it. I'll use the Google charger from now on.

Have Good/bad luck with watches. Burned up 2 Garmin Golf watches using the charger in my car. Warranty replaced both and I finally learned my lesson as they were not going to do a 3rd. Watches are too small to have control circuit for the charger.

My brother uses his random car charger on his Garmin and its been fine for a couple years.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been using it nightly on the Fold and Pixel Watch 1 for months now. Fingers shall remain crossed and my desk is wood - knock on it!

Reactions: Chex313

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it nightly on the Fold and Pixel Watch 1 for months now. Fingers shall remain crossed and my desk is wood - knock on it!
So I am not sure now if it wasn't charging or what. After being on the Google charger all day it has come back to life. I was just now able to cancel my RMA shipment that would have replaced this one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe