Best 'Always On" Watch Face

coryh131

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a good 'always on' watch face? I have an office job so I don't care so much about battery life because I can charge my watch at my desk. I would love to have a designer realistic looking watch face that is always on so that my watch looks like a real analog watch. Aside from the default Frontier face, I haven't found a whole lot else that stays on.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I happen to really like the Samsung faces..I think the shading is far better than anything else I've seen (and maybe only possible by developing right on tizen?) and the motion on the background (changing reflection) doesn't seem to be anywhere else. I'd love to find more like these.

That said, I've found a few analog faces that are OK on facer (screen shot attached) that TL Casual may be always on but I think it just took 30-40% of my battery in 2 hours. None of the facer faces can match the shading of the Samsung faces.

Also check out flexible by Lucas Philipp in the Samsung app store.. Doesn't kill your battery and is a nice analog face.

Someone posted about an as aod app, but besides battery life, I'd personally wonder whether it burns in the display. And I'm not sure you can recharge during the day to keep up with the battery drain of a true aod face?

Attachments

• 9895.jpg
    9895.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 143

coryh131

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've spent many hours playing with watch faces and even registered as a developer to make my own watch faces using Samsung's PC watch making program. And I've found the best ambient watch faces are in the WatchMaster app. It's $16 for all the watch faces in the app and it's worth you it in my opinion. (Note that if you choose full watch face for ambient mode, you have to apply it twice to get it to work.) This app does exactly what I wanted.

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Jeweler has some great watch faces with brilliant AODs. The best though is casual compact, one of the best watch faces out there and it's free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly