Best Buy pre-order shipping not available

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If you go thru Best Buy, you need to be patient. Just from what I've seen on the preorder threads from phones past, there's toil and trouble...and waiting. So before you get excited about a $50 difference in price or whatever is making you choose Best Buy, make sure you can wait for your phone. I've seen folks come unglued, over a phone delivery.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you go thru Best Buy, you need to be patient. Just from what I've seen on the preorder threads from phones past, there's toil and trouble...and waiting. So before you get excited about a $50 difference in price or whatever is making you choose Best Buy, make sure you can wait for your phone. I've seen folks come unglued, over a phone delivery.
Yeah you definitely need to go somewhere else if getting the phone on release day is important to you. I see on the Samsung page the 512 is sold out, so I'm an speculating the 512 will be late on best buy for sure

bluirv

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the S20 from Samsung after I visited Best Buy since they seemed to have the same trade-in deal.

But after talking to a Best Buy sales agent you have to pay the full amount of the phone plus tax. On street date when you pick up the phone you will receive your credit. I can only guess that you will have to pay tax on the full price of the phone when you order it and when you pick it up you will receive your credit.

However, with Samsung.org when you order your phone, you receive the credit immediately and only pay the difference plus tax. So with the S20, you are charged $999.99 less the $700 credit, so you owe Samsung only $299.99 plus tax. These seems to be a more reasonable (and cost saving) way to pay for a trade-in deal.
In addition, you also get the $100 in Samsung credit for an item that will ship with the phone.

With Samsung, you will receive the phone on street date without having to visit a Best Buy store!

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the S20 from Samsung after I visited Best Buy since they seemed to have the same trade-in deal.

But after talking to a Best Buy sales agent you have to pay the full amount of the phone plus tax. On street date when you pick up the phone you will receive your credit. I can only guess that you will have to pay tax on the full price of the phone when you order it and when you pick it up you will receive your credit.

See my post #11 above....for unlocked phones, you to pay full price plus tax for your pre-order and you will get your trade in credit when you pick up your phone. Carrier branded phones can get the trade in value applied when the pre-order is done...

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have to pay full price at Best Buy, just sales tax (on the retail price of the phone, I think) & a $30 upgrade fee.

Edit: upgrade fee charged by carrier, not Best Buy.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
See my post #11 above....for unlocked phones, you to pay full price plus tax for your pre-order and you will get your trade in credit when you pick up your phone. Carrier branded phones can get the trade in value applied when the pre-order is done...
Didn't know you got trade in on unlocked phones at best buy. Samsung you get that credit right away.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the trade in credit on the unlocked phone. I don't know what my strore did, but they were able to do it.
Sure they will accept trade in but the question is how much you got. What phone are you trading in and how much is the trade in value? According to them, they don't have the special trade in value for the unlocked phone, it's the regular not so impressive trade in value.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I heavily considered the BB route, because at least they announced early what they were offering. I did online chat several times to make sure I was clear about everything. I HATE standing in line for upwards of an hour to finally get an employee to help me, and considering how much I'm paying, I want to do the unboxing. It's always like this for a product launch, so I was going to have my Ultra shipped home, but they require in store to complete trade-in.

Anyway, luckily I was able to get the same deal ($450 off using trade in of S9+) and get the $200 credit from Samsung for pre-order. I didn't find that out till Friday morning though. I swear, Verizon should just come out with it and announce their promo deals. Had I not checked beforehand, I would have made my purchase from BB.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I heavily considered the BB route, because at least they announced early what they were offering. I did online chat several times to make sure I was clear about everything. I HATE standing in line for upwards of an hour to finally get an employee to help me, and considering how much I'm paying, I want to do the unboxing. It's always like this for a product launch, so I was going to have my Ultra shipped home, but they require in store to complete trade-in.

Anyway, luckily I was able to get the same deal ($450 off using trade in of S9+) and get the $200 credit from Samsung for pre-order. I didn't find that out till Friday morning though. I swear, Verizon should just come out with it and announce their promo deals. Had I not checked beforehand, I would have made my purchase from BB.
Depending which ultra you got, 512/128, you will get it for sure next week.

I'm trading in a note 10+, so I get $700 for my trade in using best buy or Samsung direct, that's the only reason I'm getting somewhere else then Verizon. You're getting $150 more for your s9+ then what best buy gives for it, so that's better deal. Only thing I'll point out is, Verizon trade in is in 24 monthly credits, it you want to pay it off next year you will lose the remaining credits, then really only got $225. Best buy and Samsung direct, the trade in is credited in full immediately. With best buy, the phone is also $50 cheaper then Verizon before trade in.

If you were at all interested in the s20+, best buy has a promo of $150 off in 24 credits, plus you still get there trade in up front.
ad40d319e97b705c129b45cc4be08326.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Depending which ultra you got, 512/128, you will get it for sure next week.

I'm trading in a note 10+, so I get $700 for my trade in using best buy or Samsung direct, that's the only reason I'm getting somewhere else then Verizon. You're getting $150 more for your s9+ then what best buy gives for it, so that's better deal. Only thing I'll point out is, Verizon trade in is in 24 monthly credits, it you want to pay it off next year you will lose the remaining credits, then really only got $225. Best buy and Samsung direct, the trade in is credited in full immediately. With best buy, the phone is also $50 cheaper then Verizon before trade in.

If you were at all interested in the s20+, best buy has a promo of $150 off in 24 credits, plus you still get there trade in up front.
ad40d319e97b705c129b45cc4be08326.jpg

Good grief, so many little hidden details. I had been researching through the info and doing chats with BB and Verizon. I thought I had found out everything I needed to know. With Verizon, you can't pay a larger chunk of money down on a phone either. You either pay the full remaining balance or continue on making monthly payments.

I would have been interested in paying larger amounts to get the balance down and then upgrade my plan to an unlimited one, but the way it's set up, if you switch to one of the unlimited plans, you lose your employee discount, which is like 23% for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Good grief, so many little hidden details. I had been researching through the info and doing chats with BB and Verizon. I thought I had found out everything I needed to know. With Verizon, you can't pay a larger chunk of money down on a phone either. You either pay the full remaining balance or continue on making monthly payments.

I would have been interested in paying larger amounts to get the balance down and then upgrade my plan to an unlimited one, but the way it's set up, if you switch to one of the unlimited plans, you lose your employee discount, which is like 23% for me.
Welcome to Verizon, they always have fine print. I used to always get my phones thru Verizon, not as much anymore, there's better deals other places. Best buy usually has the best deals, just not very speedy on pre-orders

frantzk

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
Didn't know you got trade in on unlocked phones at best buy. Samsung you get that credit right away.

I preordered an unlocked s20 plus and was given the 600 credit right away for trading in my unlocked s10 plus. It took them awhile but they had to locate a promo code, to use for unlocked trade in phones in order to get credit.