best custom roms?

leo5111

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
i want bloatware gone lagfix applied etc, also do same root and side load apps work on vibrant that work on captivate? i have a captivate my buddy has a vibrant i have the captivate 1 click root and the super 1 click will they work on his vibrant also where can i find the vibrant usb drivers? thanks :p

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Going to get a lot of opinions here and there are a lot of variables. Some have issues with roms due to rom swapping without wiping or going back to stock while others have smooth sailing regardless.
I am a PepperKake fan but have tried them all and change weekly these days.
Try them all out and find the one you like. There is often times a new version or better release in a few days to a week anyways.

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried all the roms but I can vouch for Axura roms. Fast. Only complaint so far is that swype does not seem as accurate. Still not sure if its the roms fault.

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Bionic but moved onto Trigger. Loving it. Comes custom with those two apps and many more that you'll enjoy. I've tried DL'ing Axura but I can't seem to find a good link? Anyone with a workable link?

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

wh1tet1ger

May 19, 2011
Visit site
What roms would people recomend now. Looking to go from a stock phone to a rom that has gingerbread or better since Samsung seems very content to let us Vibrant users sit and spin on the real gingerbread upgrade.

Thanks in advance...

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to leave Project V. It is very smooth and has tons of extras.I wood give it a shot.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

jbt.pham

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Project V and Trigger roms. Both good roms.

Just recently switched over to MIUI rom. Quadrant standard shows my speed at 1890. I love how fast my phone is now! It does have a few bugs and glitches, but hopefully they'll fix that soon! :)

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've moved on to Asgard with Bullet 1.2ghz kernel. I bricked my phone the first time, had to Odin it back to stock, re-root, Ans dl the new Tom in rom manager. Total boobage.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ArtimusCF

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the Project-V by EDT, and Bionix NextGen by Team Whiskey. Both seem really solid and just been trying to work out which plays best with my phone.

I have tried MIUI, CM7, and Asgard in the past and liked all 3. However, now battery life is just as important to me as speed, so I have had to drop the 2.3 ROMs the last few months.

Those of you running the 2.3 ROMs, what are you running, and what kind of distance do you get?

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the Project-V by EDT, and Bionix NextGen by Team Whiskey. Both seem really solid and just been trying to work out which plays best with my phone.

I have tried MIUI, CM7, and Asgard in the past and liked all 3. However, now battery life is just as important to me as speed, so I have had to drop the 2.3 ROMs the last few months.

Those of you running the 2.3 ROMs, what are you running, and what kind of distance do you get?

Asgard is tight. I OC but I have an extended battery so I am working on the manipulating the SetPCU to 'Ondemand' and get a good 18 hours out of it with a lower profile setting with the screen off.

Sent from by Vibrant using Tapatalk

suniljdsouza

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about rooting my phone with Super One Click and then using ROM Manager to intall Cyanogen. The one thing I'm concerned about is the GPS issues I'm hearing about. Does anyone know if the GPS with the CyanogenMod is worse than the stock GPS? Or, is basically just the same problems that people have with the stock GPS. If so, I may go ahead and move forward. Also, is Cyanogen noticeably faster than the stock Froyo ROM?

wh1tet1ger

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, Do you find the prmium ROM Manager is worth the 6 bones? From what I've read it would appear that it allows you to download and update the roms directly from the application?

Also, what rom's do you reccomend now. When I asked almost a year ago Trigger, project V kept coming up.

What would you reccomend now?

ArtimusCF

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, Do you find the prmium ROM Manager is worth the 6 bones? From what I've read it would appear that it allows you to download and update the roms directly from the application?

Also, what rom's do you reccomend now. When I asked almost a year ago Trigger, project V kept coming up.

What would you reccomend now?

I have not purchased ROM Manager myself. When I flash roms or kernels or modems to my phone, I just put the zip in the appropriate folder on my internal SD Card (-ROMS, -KERNELS, etc) and flash it via ClockworkMod Recovery. I did use the free version to create a CWM flashable the first time I put it on my phone, but now I have a root+cwm update.zip that I flash first whenever I am forced to ODIN back to stock. From there, any kernel I flash have the most recent(ish) versions of CWM so I don`t really need it. (Ask (and sorry) if any of that is confusing.)

That being said, I do know that ROM Manager is a great utility and tool for making several things easier, not to mention it is a good idea to support CWM as much as possible because they really has contributed so much to the community.

Now, in regard to a current ROM for the Vibrant. The same can now as before for any 2.3 or 4.0 build on the Vibrant. There are some bugs and issues (911, battery, mute/unmute for call clarity) that remain due to a lack of drivers and support from an official t-mo build.

I personally am still running 2.2 goodness as it really isn`t lacking in anything that the 2.3 or 4.0 builds offer for my usage. My current rom is:

Bionix-V 1.3.1 FishmanMod - [ROM] Bionix-v 1.3.1-FishmanMod Final 2 - All the Butter You Need! - 02/13/12 - xda-developers
(XDA link because it isn`t on these forums)

It takes the buttery goodness that was Bionix-V, and adds some modern tweaks to it. It is very stable, has no hickups as far as I can tell, and my battery life is as good as it can be. It is themed like Gingerbread, and offers some themes, though I haven`t messed around with those myself.So, I would say give FishmanMod a go.

If you were looking for a Gingerbread or ICS build, I`m afraid I can`t offer any suggestions.

Happy Flashing!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy