Best Earbuds

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
new to smartphones here, I saw that the nexus ones came with some pretty good ear buds but sadly the incredible will not. What type of ear buds would you recommend? I'd really like to get my hands on the ones that had the android logo in the back, but cant seem to find them on the web.

R

Roy Aguilera

These bad boys.
base_media

lexdouble

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
What are you looking to use the ear buds for? Is it for calling or for listening to music and what not?

The Beats by Dre headphones are serious! My buddy has a pair and they sound fantastic.

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah, listening to music and also being able to take phone calls would be a nice addition as well

edit: i think I'd like to spend up to 19.99, no more then 20 bucks for ear buds

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i remember back in the day when i was satisfied with $20 earphones... ;)

jvc makes some decent ones for cheap, and some people really like skullcandy.

you'll need to get an adapter or something to add a mic to them for phone calls though. i know shure makes one, but it's pricey, just like everything else they make :p

thatdidnthurt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You aren't going to get much for $20. I fortunately had a pair of Shure 530's bought for me, which are some of the best earphones I have ever used. Your best bet are probably going to be the Skullcandies

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you're not "anti-apple", the iPhone's headphone+mic is pretty good. I've use it for my 9700, Pre, N1 & iPhone 3Gs and love how loud the headphone and clear the mic is.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had my eyes on those before as well. I had a tough time deciding between UE and the SA's but I liked the tune-ability of the SA's. Unfortunately I lost them on a flight about 2 months ago :(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I had the Shure's too (I can't remember which model). I really didn't like them that much. I hear the UE's are much better.

To the OP, if it were me, I'd go to Amazon.com and look at headphones in your price range. The nice thing about Amazon, is that they usually have a ton of reviews to skim through. Or, just get the one's Roy posted, although I have no idea what they are lol.

kdwg927

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can say the JLabs J3 and J3M, which contain a microphone, are pretty good for the money. I bought mine off of Amazon. I think they are $20-40ish.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
When my Apple ear buds stopped working because the wire came loose and I dropped another pair into the toilet on the train a week later I looked for a not-too-expensive alternative that I didn't have to worry about. I bought a pair of JVC Gumy's for under $10 at Best Buy and I was and still am blown away at how good they sound, especially for the money. They are certainly better than the Apple's IMHO.

Amazon.com: JVC HA-F140-B Gumy Earbuds (Olive Black): Electronics

I've tried some of the really expensive earbuds too but couldn't justify the price, or having to worry about dropping them in the toilet. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones