Best Google Tasks apps?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What are the best to do apps that sync with Google tasks? I have used Tasks and GTasks, but what else is there?

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I foresee tasks going away in favor of Keep. I would maybe start looking into using that. Not sure how open it is to third party stuff, though.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I foresee tasks going away in favor of Keep. I would maybe start looking into using that. Not sure how open it is to third party stuff, though.

Gtasks is the best IMO but I agree with Kevin. Google Keep gets closer to a full on syncing and integrated task/agenda/note taking app with every update. Currently they just added the ability to tie in with Google Now's reminders but those don't pop up with an alarm or notification yet. BUT you can pretty much use Google Now's tie in to your Google Calender's appointments and events to set notifications just like you would in Gtasks. I find myself diong that more often than I do in Gtasks since it's simply easier to swipe open Google Now and voice dictate an appointment: "Google, make an appointment to call the plumber on Monday at 9AM" will place that in Google Calender, set a notification reminder for that time, and sync it across all my devices on top of that. And things like that. Gtasks is still good for just setting running tasks lists that you don't care to set a notification reminder for but just want sitting there as constant reminders on a homescreen widget.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

How would I even transfer my info from Google tasks to Google keep?

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
One area where Gtasks shines over Keep (for now) is that a LOT of widget developers support Gtasks. Like Simple Calender and Dashclock being the more popular ones. I used to use Simple Calender but now use dashclock but both are great at showing your Gtask lists on your homescreen widgets, and Gtasks does sync with your Google account so it'll appear on all your devices with Gtasks installed. Once Keep is supported by more widget developers and has Notifications for date/time I'd consider switching just to streamline my apps a bit but for now Gtasks is great for those purposes.

PS: Once Gtasks is set as your default tasks app it will also take notes made with Google Now's "note to self" command

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got to disagree partially with Kevin keep doesn't compare it sorely missing task features. I wouldn't switch until keep has them.

There are several good apps out there but my preferred is Tasks by bitspin.

They use Google's services so they auto sync with Google and your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

ivanhebc

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Like Simple Calender and Dashclock being the more popular ones.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicha Jairat