Best overall manufacturer of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

deblyn

Dec 15, 2010
www.girlsbestfriends.com
I pretty much agree with dwaynewilliams. The line up with HTC is awesome, and I almost bought the EVO 4G, but didn't want to sacrifice a high end screen experience (like you get with the Captivate) to 4G, especially since 4G is not really available everywhere, and 24/7, yet. Also, it is most useful when mulit-tasking, and I do not do this very often, nor require it all the time.

The reason I ultimately chose the Captivate, is for the following:

1. Best screen ever... Amoled is definitely the way to go and probably will be in the very near future;
  2. Fastest processor so far... the Hummingbird is just awesome! I really have to tap and task pretty fast to get it to pause a bit! (Know that I used to type over 100 wpm at one point in my life!);
  3. Samsung really makes excellent hardware... I STILL have an old Samsung flip phone that I keep handy in case I need backup and it is still supported... it is at least 5-6 years old!!!! Just incredible! And nary a prob;
  4. The Captivate just looks HOT! Clean, smooth, sexy lines; cool interfaces and fantastic market already for accessories... need I say more?
***So, I guess Samsung gets my vote for now. HTC is right up there next to it though!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a tough one really.. for me it comes to down to feel of the phone in the hand and I'm giving HTC the nod but the Droid X, I mean it's right there too, both a step ahead of the Galaxy S in the hand though.

HBK4Life

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
HTC, without a doubt. From the Droid Eris, to the Nexus 1, to the Droid Incredible, to the Evo...HTC's phones are awesome. Hell it's not even limited to just Android. Their WP7 phones look absolutely amazing. HTC FTW! And after HTC, I gotta go with Moto. They may not make "sexiest" looking phones, but their durable as hell lol.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
getting tougher but gotta go with HTC( software edge :cool:) followed by Motorola(hardware edge :D) ,,,,then samsung ... maybe hahaha( hmm..:p cant think of one)

raydar670

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
HTC wins overall, but here's what I think about Specific categories

Build Quality:
1. HTC
2. Motorola
3. Samsung

Android Skin:
1. HTC Sense
2. Moto Blur
3. Touch Wiz