Best theme for saving battery consumption

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, like Rukbat says, the blackest the better (note that for AMOLED to really save power the pixel has to be pitch-black as that's the only way it'll be turned off; if it's just a dark color, but with color nonetheless, the pixel is still on).

That's why one of the Battery Saver features is to turn your phone into a black-and-white retro version.

belloni123

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Yup, like Rukbat says, the blackest the better (note that for AMOLED to really save power the pixel has to be pitch-black as that's the only way it'll be turned off; if it's just a dark color, but with color nonetheless, the pixel is still on).

That's why one of the Battery Saver features is to turn your phone into a black-and-white retro version.

How does one go about turning it into a black and white version? I've got a complete black background currently but would like to expand on this!

AliVardz

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm aware of how amoled works. I'm just asking if anyone knows a good theme that is mostly black unlike standard theme for example which is white and orange in messages...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the S6, so no native themeing for me, but you can turn everything black and white in Accessibility options, I believe. But that would turn ALL your apps BW as well.

I personally use Themer (not sure if it supports the S6 family yet, it took them a while to support the Note 4 when it came out), and they have some very cool-looking BW themes there, and some dark ones with only a few color accents that look very futuristic.

Only problem I've found with these themes is that they can be a bit difficult to read when AutoBrightness kicks in and it's not bright enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon