Best twitter based app

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Well there seems to be a ton of Twitter apps, I'm very new to twitter and I wanna get an easy to use app for my Droid, What do you guys recommend?

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Touiteur or Twidroid are the two best apps, Touiteur is probably going to get a bunch more features in the near future though, as Tama-Chan rocks. He's the dev for Touiteur.

He posts here in the forums too.

Csmooove23

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Twitter Client Question

I know that there is a thread asking which is your favorite twitter client but i wanted to know which ones have widgets?

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
Touiteur has a widget, and you can select what size you want (4x1, 4x2, or 4x3). You can read the status updates, scroll through them, and update your own from the widget. This is the app that I use, and I looove it.

Twidroid pro also has a widget. I'm not totally sure, but I think maybe all you can do is update your status? I could be wrong, that's just what it looks like on the screen shot.

Tweetcaster doesn't have one right now, but the dev says he's going to put one in a future upgrade. This ties Touiteur for my favorite Twitter app.

I don't know about Seesmic, Hootsuite, or any of the other ones as far as widgets go. Hopefully someone else will know! Hope this helps a little!

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I agree, I love Touiteur. It's wonderful, and the dev does answer questions, and works on updates all the time. I wasn't a huge fan of Twidroid (no offense ardoreal =}) but I do also love Tweetcaster.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Touiteur has a widget, and you can select what size you want (4x1, 4x2, or 4x3). You can read the status updates, scroll through them, and update your own from the widget. This is the app that I use, and I looove it.

Twidroid pro also has a widget. I'm not totally sure, but I think maybe all you can do is update your status? I could be wrong, that's just what it looks like on the screen shot.

Tweetcaster doesn't have one right now, but the dev says he's going to put one in a future upgrade. This ties Touiteur for my favorite Twitter app.

I don't know about Seesmic, Hootsuite, or any of the other ones as far as widgets go. Hopefully someone else will know! Hope this helps a little!

The widget on twidroid pro includes a 4x4 version, which allows you to view recent tweets as well as update yours. There's a smaller 1x4 version which does not include the view recent tweets part, as well as a 1x2 version which simply lists the number of direct messages and @mentions you have.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Lol be nice Jared :)

For someone new to twitter and apt to get overwhelmed with all it's geeky gadgety functions, I'll suggest tweetcaster. Move up to something more robust if/when you need it.

R

Roy Aguilera

For someone new to twitter and apt to get overwhelmed with all it's geeky gadgety functions, I'll suggest tweetcaster. Move up to something more robust if/when you need it.

Great suggestion.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com

I am always nice. That wasn't mean, there is a lot of great information in that thread!!! :(

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
twitter

im getting a droid in the next few weeks or so and im currently on a blackberry so im using ubertwitter currently.

for those that are blackberry defectors who used ubertwitter; what android twitter app has the same BASIC UI? or will just run smoothly and efficiently without clutter? and its gotta be free

tagon

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Twitter client with Geotagging

I know there are a bunch of threads about twitter clients including the favorite one, but I recently got a nexus one and want a client that does Geotagging well so far the only one I found that does it is Twidroid and even then not like I want.

Before I got the Nexus I was using a Ipod Touch with tweetdeck and it had the option to view any tweets on the active list on a map. I would love something like that, but any geotagging support would be ok.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC