Best weather radar on androud

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I use a really quick, lightweight radar app called Raindar. If I want more in-depth information I use MyRadar.

I'll second the MyRadar. Very nice HD radar ... also has forecast/severe weather warnings. It's my personal favorite and have it installed on my Androids, iPhone, and Windows phones.

...also in Oklahoma

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm no weather buff, but I've always liked AccuWeather. Try the free version with ads, and if you like it, the ad-free version is $2.99.

While you're at it, install Google Opinion Rewards. If you don't mind taking surveys (mainly location history based,) you can start getting some Google play Credit. I've averaged about $25 per year over the past 4+ years. It's nice to have a few free bucks to buy apps/movies.

Completely agree with you on both of these points. I used WeatherBug for a long time (had their old paid app for no ads) but when they quit supporting that in favor of ONLY offering a "free" app cluttered with ads, I switched to AccuWeather (paid version) and have been really pleased with not only the app, but I think their radar info is much better than what my experience was with WeatherBug.

Also can't recommend the Google Opinion Rewards enough. I absolutely love this app. You're not going to make a living off the survey's you get paid to take, but it's definitely been a very nice supplement to my Google Play Store purchases. As mentioned, I've probably earned $25-$30/year in credits just from answering random 2-3 question survey's since I started using the app (Nov 2013).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are still relatively new to the forums, Luke - welcome to Android Central and congratulations on your shiny new Pixel 2 XL! What colour did you get?

I too am pretty into weather apps. I go through a couple a year. I currently use The Weather Network now, which does have a weather radar; but I don't always find it super accurate. However, it's not bad and often works well.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
We just had a storm front move through the Atlanta area and I'm quite pleased with the information and screen I got with my Radarscope Pro subscription. When I combine that with my personal weather station I'm really on top of what's going on! If anyone is interested in what my personal weather station looks like on WeatherUnderground, click this link.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

Here's the photo of my personal weather station and my hardware data. That's a second floor deck off the master bedroom. My weather data is actually used by Weather Underground and The Weather Channel. My weather data is transmitted to Weather Underground every 15 seconds. It's really cool knowing exactly what is going on weatherwise at one's own exact location. The rain gauge is accurate to 0.01 inch and the temperature is accurate to 0.1 degree. Weather Underground stores my data and I can go back and look at my data from years past. If I'm away from home I can look at my Pixel 2 XL and see if it's raining at home and what my current weather stats are.

PersonalWeatherStation.jpg

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
Any weather buffs out there.....PLEASE HELP!!

Luke

I also highly recommend sticking with Radarscope - the subscription is well worth it especially if you are in areas plagued with severe weather.

My two other go-to apps are Dark Sky - they call it "hyperlocal" and it is amazingly good at telling me things like "drizzle starting soon" or "rain stopping in 10 minutes" based on location. I also use Weather Pro - uses Meteogroup data which is "supposedly" the most accurate for the Southeast US.

Like many have suggested, try a few of the free versions, see what works for you and keep experimenting - lots of good options out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk