BestBuy S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my email today that I've been approved and I'll get $130 e certificate they will e-mail me in the next 4 to 6 it said. I have to wait that long wow!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my email today that I've been approved and I'll get $130 e certificate they will e-mail me in the next 4 to 6 it said. I have to wait that long wow!
It's an e-certificste and not like they have to have it in stock or something. So bad if it really takes that long to send it. At least you got approved so congrats but hopefully it's just a standard email and you get yours sooner.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So they put out an update and ice had nothing but roaming and like my phone not wanting to load or do anything

We're switching to Verizon this weekend. I wanted to switch back when we got our Note 8s and never did. Their is places we don't have signal and my Verizon friends do. Plus the update didn't help my husband's phone still worse than mine.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
We're switching to Verizon this weekend. I wanted to switch back when we got our Note 8s and never did. Their is places we don't have signal and my Verizon friends do. Plus the update didn't help my husband's phone still worse than mine.
Smart move. Sprint is garbage. I have some friends on it and they have nothing but problems. Refuse to switch for some reason though.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Smart move. Sprint is garbage. I have some friends on it and they have nothing but problems. Refuse to switch for some reason though.

I wish I had already done it way back. Signal already so much better in our house. I'm so glad we just switched today. I needed 4 people but ended up adding my dad who was on At&t by himself. With his military discount and 4 line and auto pay discounts its pretty much the same as Sprint so Dad doesn't have to pay lol. My girlfriend had to get a phone but got 300 off got her s7 she got a blue s10. Rest of us have unlocked. I'm happy now.

I'm guessing everyone here had their phones now?

kgtp

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
I wish I had already done it way back. Signal already so much better in our house. I'm so glad we just switched today. I needed 4 people but ended up adding my dad who was on At&t by himself. With his military discount and 4 line and auto pay discounts its pretty much the same as Sprint so Dad doesn't have to pay lol. My girlfriend had to get a phone but got 300 off got her s7 she got a blue s10. Rest of us have unlocked. I'm happy now.

I'm guessing everyone here had their phones now?

no haha i still haven't got prism white & flamingo pink S10s. If I don't get something by May 1st, I'm going into the store and demanding galaxy buds because they sent an email a month ago saying that if they can't ship it by May 7th, they'll cancel my pre-order, which is like robbing me of $260.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
no haha i still haven't got prism white & flamingo pink S10s. If I don't get something by May 1st, I'm going into the store and demanding galaxy buds because they sent an email a month ago saying that if they can't ship it by May 7th, they'll cancel my pre-order, which is like robbing me of $260.

You're kidding you're still waiting oh my gosh that's horrible yes they better compensate you that's just crazy the Samsung even have them where you can switch and get from them they should still give you the buds that's ridiculous. I'm so sorry!

xsweetpea_2008x

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
You're kidding you're still waiting oh my gosh that's horrible yes they better compensate you that's just crazy the Samsung even have them where you can switch and get from them they should still give you the buds that's ridiculous. I'm so sorry!

So I went to sprint because of my phone problems and best buy trying to blame it on sprint. Guess this is a huge issues with not just sprint. They ordered me a new phone which is on back order its already been like 2 weeks. Cant use my phone unless I'm on wifi. Dont have wifi at work either. And on top of that sprint said the new phone may have the same problems. And now I'm trapped with a crappy phone for 2 years. Yay

xsweetpea_2008x

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site

So I went to sprint because of my phone problems and best buy trying to blame it on sprint. Guess this is a huge issues with not just sprint. They ordered me a new phone which is on back order its already been like 2 weeks. Cant use my phone unless I'm on wifi. Dont have wifi at work either. And on top of that sprint said the new phone may have the same problems. And now I'm trapped with a crappy phone for 2 years. Yay

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing this thread resurface and I popped in just for the heck of it cause there were 7 posts I hadn't seen. I can't believe anyone is still waiting. kgtp you must have gone to the most rural, country bumpkin Best Buy in the world. Trucks don't even stop there, just a train headed north every weekend. Holy crap!

xsweetpea_2008x judging from your most recent post I'm guessing you're having data issues. I've been seeing a lot of posts in the Ask A Question forum about At&T having issues where people are only seeing phone numbers and not names of callers in their contacts but I haven't seen one yet about data issues on Sprint. Over there no one Googles anything so there for awhile there must have been 5 new posts a day about the contacts so if the data thing is wide spread people sure aren't talking about it. I say this to give you hope that your replacement won't be crappy.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

One that's horrible they need to do something. You shouldn't have to be stuck with a crappy phone for two years that's ridiculous. They said sprint was going to have an update tonight but I don't think that did. Well I'll know by the end of the week if I'm better with Verizon we left Sprint Saturday but so far so good. Good Luck!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's a major thing having data issues therea lots of posts about it. Who knows when I will get my replacement

Well my husband is still having problems after we switched to Verizon. Today I was having some problems I was sitting outside at a restaurant near my house with no signal. Samsung and Verizon said we need to have our phones reflashed at the u break it we fix it store they said it's free to reflash your software. But we're going to lose everything and need to back stuff up. They said we still have Sprint software on our phones and he claims this will help I don't know what to do.

xsweetpea_2008x

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Well my husband is still having problems after we switched to Verizon. Today I was having some problems I was sitting outside at a restaurant near my house with no signal. Samsung and Verizon said we need to have our phones reflashed at the u break it we fix it store they said it's free to reflash your software. But we're going to lose everything and need to back stuff up. They said we still have Sprint software on our phones and he claims this will help I don't know what to do.

Well I got my replacement phone and it works better but I still cant use my phone to do much other than use the internet which is slow. I cant watch hulu or anything like that. The techs at sprint who fix phones all day said they have been telling people not to buy the phone. So if I ask for another replacement it will prolly do the same thing. So I'm at the point where I either wait for another update or call sprint and see If I can get out of my 2 year contract for the phone. I will never preorder again and I'm at the point where I'm not sure I want to get a Samsung phone again because this is ridiculous. I dont like apple phones so idk what phone I would get after this. I'm stuck

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my replacement phone and it works better but I still cant use my phone to do much other than use the internet which is slow. I cant watch hulu or anything like that. The techs at sprint who fix phones all day said they have been telling people not to buy the phone. So if I ask for another replacement it will prolly do the same thing. So I'm at the point where I either wait for another update or call sprint and see If I can get out of my 2 year contract for the phone. I will never preorder again and I'm at the point where I'm not sure I want to get a Samsung phone again because this is ridiculous. I dont like apple phones so idk what phone I would get after this. I'm stuck

That just sucks! I'm glad we switched to Verizon. I took my phone into Best Buy today the Samsung rep re-flashed my phone and put it back to the way it was when I got it. I no longer have the April Sprint security update I even went to Verizon and got a new SIM card just so everything could be fresh and new. Hopefully my phone's better haven't been out enough to test it. Mine wasn't as bad as my husband's. I can straight home and just make sure everything came back and logged into everything.

Samsung also told me they were coming out with a fix and the person at u break it we fix store did tell me that it's mostly Sprint phones and that he reflashed one and it fixed it and he was working on a second one to reflash. But something needs to be done for people paying for this expensive phone and it not working and sprints aware Samsung aware but they're not doing anything to get it resolved.

xsweetpea_2008x

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
That just sucks! I'm glad we switched to Verizon. I took my phone into Best Buy today the Samsung rep re-flashed my phone and put it back to the way it was when I got it. I no longer have the April Sprint security update I even went to Verizon and got a new SIM card just so everything could be fresh and new. Hopefully my phone's better haven't been out enough to test it. Mine wasn't as bad as my husband's. I can straight home and just make sure everything came back and logged into everything.

Samsung also told me they were coming out with a fix and the person at u break it we fix store did tell me that it's mostly Sprint phones and that he reflashed one and it fixed it and he was working on a second one to reflash. But something needs to be done for people paying for this expensive phone and it not working and sprints aware Samsung aware but they're not doing anything to get it resolved.

Hows your phone doing rose? What's a reflash

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hows your phone doing rose? What's a reflash

Well because we got our phones unlocked on Sprint and then switch to Verizon we still had some Sprint software on our phones and I was told even some Sprint network. I don't know but re-flash is where they wipe the phone and put it back to the way it was when you got it before any updates.

Ours went back to the March security update We didn't have that April 16th Sprint update anymore or anything to do with Sprint on our phones anymore. But we had that done cuz we switched to Verizon. I had better signal right away but still not as good as it should of been and my husband's was still bad. This was always worse than mine before we switched even. Samsung and Verizon tech support said we needed to do this. And now we just have much better signal. I love Verizon!

You can try to have your phone reflashed and see if it helps if it's a software problem it might. I just backed all my stuff up to the Samsung cloud and it all came back. But here in Kentucky where I live or Verizon is just much better. Good Luck!