Beware Fake S7s

nglfmark

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Almost bought a fake S7. Had no idea they are around. I'm in HK so China is just a stone's throw away. Searching the local Classifieds, was a 99% new S7 for sale for less than 1/2 the original retail price. I contacted the seller and was all set to buy. I googled the variants available worldwide and knew it must be either a Snapdragon or Exynos processor. I asked the seller for the model number and he said it was an unwanted gift so had no box. Didn't reply with the information I wanted. Anyway I decided to keep going with the deal...but one day before the exchange, the seller backed out saying, he gave it to his family member. Ok, no big deal I replied. A few hours later, he said it was available again but strangely doesn't have Play Store? I then asked about the model number again and he replied with some strange model. I Googled and nothing came up. I then searched fake Samsung S7 and viola. Read up and also checked YouTube. If you get a chance, search and you can find the results. The one I almost bought was 64GB variant. This made me suspicious. Based on the Google search, they are really only 8GB and running lollipop (not MM). The fake S7 cameras were also make much worse than the real S7. I'm glad the seller may have had second thoughts trying to sell fake goods. Beware and as the old saying goes, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Good advice - phones should only be bought from reputable sellers and buyers should take every precaution to ensure they fully understand exactly what condition the phone is in and what their return channels are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere