Bionic DLNA problems.

powers84

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone. So, I bought my Bionic yesterday and everything seems to be working great except for the DLNA. I am trying to stream video m4v files over my network to my phone and the DLNA program keeps asking if I would like to Force Close the app or Wait. Is any one else having an issue with DLNA? Is there a way to fix this issue?

The video files are on my server. I can play the videos on my Droid X2 using the DLNA app.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Figured I'd chime in here. It's not just your Bionic. My Droid X with the DLNA app has never streamed video's, ever. I've always received stream errors, or invalid media errors. Music and photos are fine, but never videos. Motorola's separate Media Share app, is simply the DLNA app with a new skin to make it easier.

Samsung's All Share (their DLNA app) worked fine for me with videos and also music and photos.

All in all, I'm not too upset. I can stream video's off the phone just fine to my computer via WMP as it's fully DLNA compliant. Streaming a video TO the phone seems a bit pointless (to me- probably not you). I just wished the Bionic had WiFi Direct, that could solve the issue nicely.

Anyways, I probably wrote more than you need to know, but it's late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps