Bionic Task Manager

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the use of the built in task manager actually make a difference with battery life by ending apps? I only use it to end apps like Market and other that don't close by clicking the back button.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
They do close if you clicked the back button. Something like Market, you will see a process running sometimes thats probably checking for updates and syncing, using very minimal processing power / battery juice to do so, and you probably should not end that.

Unless you are having real issues with your battery life and are sure of what you're doing, I wouldn't even screw with ending tasks that way, you might close something that isn't really hurting you but you need.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They do close if you clicked the back button. Something like Market, you will see a process running sometimes thats probably checking for updates and syncing, using very minimal processing power / battery juice to do so, and you probably should not end that.

Unless you are having real issues with your battery life and are sure of what you're doing, I wouldn't even screw with ending tasks that way, you might close something that isn't really hurting you but you need.

No real issue with the battery at all, I was just curious about it since usually task managers are frowned upon and I am usually telling friends who are new to android to not download them. Wasn't sure how well this built one is.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No real issue with the battery at all, I was just curious about it since usually task managers are frowned upon and I am usually telling friends who are new to android to not download them. Wasn't sure how well this built one is.

Word, yeah I'm no expert, but I wouldn't mess with any running processes from apps that are trusted, i.e. market, in that manner. I'd first go into the program, see if I left it running or if I have a setting that's causing it to do background stuff that I can disable from within the app. I'm very weary about killing stuff from the task manager as well.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Word, yeah I'm no expert, but I wouldn't mess with any running processes from apps that are trusted, i.e. market, in that manner. I'd first go into the program, see if I left it running or if I have a setting that's causing it to do background stuff that I can disable from within the app. I'm very weary about killing stuff from the task manager as well.

Only reason I did when my Bionic wasn't rooted was because all the VZW bloat but now that I am rooted and moved/froze all of that no real need anymore I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup