Bixby kill the Ok Google voice command?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Does having Bixby enabled stop Ok Google voice detection? Mine is no longer working without holding the home button. I tried retraining it but still no go.

pred_03

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Does having Bixby enabled stop Ok Google voice detection? Mine is no longer working without holding the home button. I tried retraining it but still no go.
Mine would do this also. Every time I opened up bixby, ok Google would quit. I just disabled bixby and am sticking with Google now

ougum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My ok Google got turned off somehow. Just went into settings and turned it back on. They both voice assistants work fine now. They compliment each other beautifully.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the same thing. OK Google is disabled. I have to go into the settings and toggle OK Google word detection off and then back on and then it will work. As soon as I use Bixby voice again, OK Google will not detect the voice command. I think Bixby is going to have to take a hike. It's kind of neat but it's so slow. I only really use it to toggle bluetooth on and off when getting in and out of the car and OK Google is faster. It sucks that I can't have both of them work without having to mess around with settings. I'd like to do a more in depth comparison between the two.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing the same thing. OK Google is disabled. I have to go into the settings and toggle OK Google word detection off and then back on and then it will work. As soon as I use Bixby voice again, OK Google will not detect the voice command. I think Bixby is going to have to take a hike. It's kind of neat but it's so slow. I only really use it to toggle bluetooth on and off when getting in and out of the car and OK Google is faster. It sucks that I can't have both of them work without having to mess around with settings. I'd like to do a more in depth comparison between the two.

My scenario as well. After using Hi Bixby, OK Google voice command won't work unless I restart phone. Google Assistant will still come up with a home button hard press , but I prefer the OK Google voice command. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would love to use them in tandem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney