Bixby settings on S23 FE

Noel_C

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
There's a Bixby setting on some galaxy phones "talk to Bixby without wake up" that lets you answer incoming calls simply by saying "answer". It's not available on my Galaxy S20 FE, does anybody happen to know if it is available on Galaxy S23 FE? I don't know why it's not available on the S20 FE Bixby settings, but it is on the S20 (non-FE), at least according to some videos I've watched.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There's a Bixby setting on some galaxy phones "talk to Bixby without wake up" that lets you answer incoming calls simply by saying "answer". It's not available on my Galaxy S20 FE, does anybody happen to know if it is available on Galaxy S23 FE? I don't know why it's not available on the S20 FE Bixby settings, but it is on the S20 (non-FE), at least according to some videos I've watched.
I'm currently using it on my Z Flip 3, and it works great. But you have to say "answer phone" to get it to work consistently.

Are you sure it's not on your S20 FE? It was harder than I expected to find... not where I thought it would be if I remember right. Tomorrow I'll track down the setting, see if that might help 😉

Noel_C

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
I'm currently using it on my Z Flip 3, and it works great. But you have to say "answer phone" to get it to work consistently.

Are you sure it's not on your S20 FE? It was harder than I expected to find... not where I thought it would be if I remember right. Tomorrow I'll track down the setting, see if that might help 😉
Yes, I am sure it's not there. I'm a quadriplegic, I need it for hands-free use. I can answer the phone by saying "Hi Bixby, answer with speakerphone." I know it sounds kind of trivial, but it would be a lot easier if I could just say "answer with speakerphone," and not have to wake it up saying "Hi Bixby."

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It is a handy feature... all you have to say is "answer phone" and it automatically answers on speakerphone. It takes a quick second to answer, so give it a moment, but it works every time 😉

I wish I could tell you if the S23 FE had it, I assumed it was a standard Bixby feature. I'm guessing the regular S21 line and up would have it though... my Flip 3 came out in 2021.

Noel_C

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
It is a handy feature... all you have to say is "answer phone" and it automatically answers on speakerphone. It takes a quick second to answer, so give it a moment, but it works every time 😉

I wish I could tell you if the S23 FE had it, I assumed it was a standard Bixby feature. I'm guessing the regular S21 line and up would have it though... my Flip 3 came out in 2021.
It's strange, I don't know why it's not included on Bixby in mine. I can use Bixby for just about everything else, it just seems like that one feature for answering isn't available. I like the FE because of the large screen size, otherwise I would go with a standard S23 that I'm sure would have it, or at least that's what the person in the videos is using.

Reactions: J Dubbs