Bixby text call

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's discuss this a little.

It seems to work decent for what little I have used it, I'm sure there will be issues coming, it's Bixby.

First thing I hate and don't see a way to change it. That is the greeting. Samsung is so full of itself and has the ridiculous Bixby greeting something like hello this is Bixby blah blah. I hope we we can change that later. I think it's too long also

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I can change the default Bixby answer options on my S23U.
34b281f144ec2ad2b5d2f83824669c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to my call settings then Bixby text call and there is no option for that is it somewhere else

Go to the phone app.
then the 3 little dots on the upper right,
then go to settings....
then to Bixby text call
Then to Quick responses

Once there you can edit the default responses or create your own

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Google has the same feature on it's newer Pixel phones that I have also owned (along with a similarly cringey greeting). It sounds cool, but in my opinion it is next to useless in practice. The main reason being that the instant the person on the other end of the line realizes they are not talking to a real person (which is right away) they hang up or think they got the wrong number and also hang up. The only time someone might stay on the line is if it was a friend or family member who knew you had this service, but if they were a friend or family member, they would just text you rather than spend time talking to a robot if they couldn't reach you with a phone call.

As for spam calls, yes you can use it to answer those, but if they don't just hang up right away like everyone else, you are wasting your own time talking to them when you could just block the number and (hopefully) never hear from them again.

It's a very cool idea and impressive how it works, but in practice it's just a gimmick, at least from my observations. For the couple years I used Pixel phones, literally not one person stayed on the line more than a few seconds to talk to Google's AI, and if they had any kind of accent, the live transcript you receive of the call is also useless.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Google has the same feature on it's newer Pixel phones that I have also owned (along with a similarly cringey greeting). It sounds cool, but in my opinion it is next to useless in practice. The main reason being that the instant the person on the other end of the line realizes they are not talking to a real person (which is right away) they hang up or think they got the wrong number and also hang up. The only time someone might stay on the line is if it was a friend or family member who knew you had this service, but if they were a friend or family member, they would just text you rather than spend time talking to a robot if they couldn't reach you with a phone call.

As for spam calls, yes you can use it to answer those, but if they don't just hang up right away like everyone else, you are wasting your own time talking to them when you could just block the number and (hopefully) never hear from them again.

It's a very cool idea and impressive how it works, but in practice it's just a gimmick, at least from my observations. For the couple years I used Pixel phones, literally not one person stayed on the line more than a few seconds to talk to Google's AI, and if they had any kind of accent, the live transcript you receive of the call is also useless.

This seems ridiculously accurate. I certainly wouldn't stay on the line.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out why some can't change the answer message. I've checked 4 different S23U phones and none have the edit answer message

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Google's version is far more superior and preferred from me and let's not talk about their hold for me feature. I would pay to add this to my Galaxy phones. The only thing I think is good is that you can actually type responses rather than just use the preset ones that come on the pixel. Sammy needs a lot of work on the voice recognition side to make it competitive, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out why some can't change the answer message. I've checked 4 different S23U phones and none have the edit answer message

Are the s23U's you checked all Verizon Carrier phones? Verizon tends to disable certain features for some reason. Just a guess....
:)

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up on this, if you have wifi calling on, you won't see the option for bixby text calls. You have to turn it off for it to work for now.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up on this, if you have wifi calling on, you won't see the option for bixby text calls. You have to turn it off for it to work for now.

I have wifi calling on and was able to find it and change settings for it. Turned off wifi calling and no change.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not true. My phone stays on Wi-Fi calling and I haven't had an issue with Bixby call coming up every time. Annoying that you actually have to slide to use it. Wish it was like Google where you can have it automatically screen unsaved numbers.

Sent from my "Mellow Yellow S23 Ultra" using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty