Black Note 4 Owners - Metal Bezel paint chipping?

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Be safe and put a case on it... don't have a case then don't complain if it gets scratched up

I actually put a case on since day 1 and recently when I took it off to put a new screen protector on, I see that there are scratches along the aluminum. Not surprised being I've read this is a common issue with the Note 4. Whatever.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
no paint chip on mine white Note 4 however i do noticed the metal strip get's scratched easily because of the case :(

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No case for my Note 4 in the two months or so I've owned. No scratches either; it has held up very well.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Those pictures are not clear enough to see what the materials are.Take the back of the phone off or look at the S pen socket. You can clearly see the seam of the aluminum layer on top of the plastic on the side of the phone. That to me is convincing. Furthermore, many people have reported damage to the aluminum strips, while there has been no reported damage to the colored portion. Even a coated aluminum pan will scratch so color will come off. The reason nobody is damaging the colored portion of the sides is because it is plastic colored through and through.

Posted via Android Central App

Take yours apart and show us proof of your claims.

Jim81mie

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Paint falling off on my camera lins. The phone is about 3 weeks old. I use Samsung protective cover all the time. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• received_10204443102023259.jpg
    received_10204443102023259.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 42

avedissian

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 4 with paint chipping off . I have taken it back to Car phone and they wouldn't do anything as its a manufactures fault. I have called Samsung and their engineers need to examine before they can comment. It doesn't necessary mean i will get a new phone they might put it to wear and tear. Considering I have only had the phone since May 2015 its pretty disgusting and its not only me with this problem, there are other people having the same issue but Samsung will not to take responsibility and help. I never will buy a Samsung again.

Michael.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second Note 4 (by choice, not defect) and have not had any paint chipping issues. The chamfered edge scratches easily but I expect that and it doesn't bother me. It's just light scratches.

Sent from my Note 4

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my second Note 4 (by choice, not defect) and have not had any paint chipping issues. The chamfered edge scratches easily but I expect that and it doesn't bother me. It's just light scratches.

Sent from my Note 4

Yeah same here, I don't bother with a case either.