BLU C5L -Oreo 8.1.0 Go edition

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a number of issues concerning this BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0 GO edition. Anyone know/have experience with this model? I've tried, to no success to 1. root 2. unlock sim (if needed?) 3. unlock bootloader. What I wish to accomplish 1.root and unlock bootloader 2. re-flash original 8.1.0 GO edition. There are number of issues with the current O.S. and I want to re-flash the original in hopes that these problems are eliminated. I would appreciate any/all help with this device.

Thanks

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
RE; mustang7757

Appreciate your response. Yes, done a lot of cruising 'round XDA. In some ways you're correct, it's not a popular phone....now! It WAS when it first came out, but folks must've learned it's limitations are it's downfall. Have been told that "upgrading" the O.S. just doesn't work well w/ this phone. I believe the O.S.(ROM) needs re-flashed, but first must unlock bootloader and root. Can't seem to do either...yet. Perhaps you or someone else might be able to advise me if I give the phones meager specs. 2019 BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0GO edition--CPU; Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53--GPU; Mali-400. Tell ya, finding the exact ROM for this particular phone has been an "adventure". Really not sure if I've found the "exact" ROM??? Anyways, first things first, must get this phone rooted/unlock bootloader. That's a must! and so far, I've been thwarted at every attempt. Well, I'd appreciate any good advise that anyone could offer...I'll be Getting another phone, but need to get this one to operate correctly until I do.
Take Care and Stay Sharp

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
RE; mustang7757

Appreciate your response. Yes, done a lot of cruising 'round XDA. In some ways you're correct, it's not a popular phone....now! It WAS when it first came out, but folks must've learned it's limitations are it's downfall. Have been told that "upgrading" the O.S. just doesn't work well w/ this phone. I believe the O.S.(ROM) needs re-flashed, but first must unlock bootloader and root. Can't seem to do either...yet. Perhaps you or someone else might be able to advise me if I give the phones meager specs. 2019 BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0GO edition--CPU; Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53--GPU; Mali-400. Tell ya, finding the exact ROM for this particular phone has been an "adventure". Really not sure if I've found the "exact" ROM??? Anyways, first things first, must get this phone rooted/unlock bootloader. That's a must! and so far, I've been thwarted at every attempt. Well, I'd appreciate any good advise that anyone could offer...I'll be Getting another phone, but need to get this one to operate correctly until I do.
Take Care and Stay Sharp
If you want stay stock firmware and reflash that then no need to root or unlock the bootloader, but if you do want root and install another ROM im not sure unfortunately what does and doesn't work for your device.

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Alright, here's the facts, Ma'am:D I've "searched" 11(probably more) sites that claim to have to original ROM for this phone. Ahmmm...I, now, wonder just what was the original ROM. I get ROM's claiming to be the "Spreadturn" ROM, ROM's that claim The Mediatek ROM, ROM's for a BLU C5L, ROM's for 2021 edition, ROM's for a....well..think your getting the idea. LOL I must laugh, just what the hell is the original ROM for this cheap phone? This has gotten so redundant...not, of course, any of your fault, but it's just a quagmire. I've tried 3 different programs that claim to unlock the bootloader, root, and re-flash and as yet, not a damn one has accomplished any of it's claims. I don't get it??? Could someone, please, direct me to the definitive site, thread, or "how-to" concerning this exact phone.(specs posted in previous thread) I'd appreciate it and you might find yourself in for a challenge. Thanx to all who've contributed, I'll bet none of you know just what's involved with/about this phone. NO offence. I know I've learned a lot and none of it really beneficial. Searches for/about this phone are varied, widely, and often not at all about this particular phone. Even BLU "support" has been worthless. ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PHONE, immediately go get a better one. (which wouldn't be hard to do since it's so cheap). I have to wait til my new phones arrives, but 'til then, I'm stuck with this phantom POS!!! I laugh, but I am asking for some help....TNX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance