Bluetooth after 9.0

anon(9533742)

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I've got a hitch in my Bluetooth since the move to pie. I use a blue parrot headset I'm my work on the road, I need to stay hands free as much as I can. This may be a Google issue, looking for some feed back. The Google assistant can no longer hear my commands through my headset. If I make the call commands directly into the phone it works. Once the call has been placed either manually or by voice directly to the device the headset functions normally. I've looked at some of the settings and nothing I've looked at seems amiss. Lil help?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You say you've looked at some of the settings. Have you looked at these - Google app settings>Google Assistant Sett>Devices Phone>Other voice settings. Turn on Bluetooth headset. Also, Google app settings>Google Assistant Settings>Devices Phone>Other hands-free device locked, turn on Bluetooth devices? Those are settings I found just trying to get GA working. I don't recall having to go thru all this fuzz when I originally set it up. Android 9 may have added more options/security.

I haven't verified if these settings make any difference yet. Just thought I'd pass along.

Richard Zingre1

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having an issue with Bluetooth and I have Android Pie on my device as well. Yesterday I was using my PH-1 with the Jabra Elite 65T ear buds connected by Bluetooth. I was listening to music using Google Play music and all of the sudden the track just stopped. I checked it and it was paused so I hit play and it played for a second then paused again. I did this several times. I thought perhaps my wifi signal was weak so I checked it and it was. Normally I get 50 mb down via wifi but I was only getting 2mb. I got another device, stood in the same location and that device got the normal 50 mb download speed. I then turned the Bluetooth radio off on the PH-1 and my wifi speed was restored. Streaming via the cellular network works just fine. If I turn the wifi back on, and turn on Bluetooth, my wifi signal slows way down. I haven't done a factory reset since updating to Pie. Does anyone here have any ideas I can try?
Thanks for your help.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Thought it was my Beats Bluetooth headset, was listening to YouTube music and Spotify for 10 min then it stops. I would have to play it again. Glad to know it's not isolated to me.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having an issue with Bluetooth and I have Android Pie on my device as well. Yesterday I was using my PH-1 with the Jabra Elite 65T ear buds connected by Bluetooth. I was listening to music using Google Play music and all of the sudden the track just stopped. I checked it and it was paused so I hit play and it played for a second then paused again. I did this several times. I thought perhaps my wifi signal was weak so I checked it and it was. Normally I get 50 mb down via wifi but I was only getting 2mb. I got another device, stood in the same location and that device got the normal 50 mb download speed. I then turned the Bluetooth radio off on the PH-1 and my wifi speed was restored. Streaming via the cellular network works just fine. If I turn the wifi back on, and turn on Bluetooth, my wifi signal slows way down. I haven't done a factory reset since updating to Pie. Does anyone here have any ideas I can try?
Thanks for your help.

I've been experiencing issues too with my car Bluetooth speaker. I've conducted a factory reset anyway to help improve battery life. I thought bluethooth connection issues would improve with the car speaker but to no avail. After speaking with the Bluetooth companies technical support they mentioned that there's a known bug in Pie 9. Should be fixed with the next update fingers crossed.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I thought I'd share that I received another follow up email from Essential this am. Essentials technical team have experienced Bluetooth issues both on the essential phone and a Pixel 2 in their tests.

Google understands this is an issue of their end and will address with an update. Which update who knows.