Bluetooth auto connect

Rune Korneliussen

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to turn off bluetooth auto connect? At my job i have connected to several bluetooth devices which are saved. When i walk past an active bt device i have saved and are connected to the one im using it connects to the one im not using..?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is other than un-pairing the devices. However, it shouldn't disconnect from the active device even if a paired device comes in range, as long as there IS an active BT connection to said device.

mojook

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have two Bluetooth speakers in different rooms. If I disconnect from the Phillips one, and connect to the UE in the other room, it automatically reconnects to the Phillips, even if I'm closer to the other one. I have to manually power off to use the UE. It has some strange preference for the one speaker.

mojook

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Oh I figured out how to stop it from switching connection.

In the swipedown on the right hand side there is an Audio Path toggle. If you choose which device to connect to from there, then it doesn't switch away when you are near another device.

It's been working week for me since doing it this way. I used to switch directly from the Bluetooth menu.
Hopefully this works for you.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh I figured out how to stop it from switching connection.

In the swipedown on the right hand side there is an Audio Path toggle. If you choose which device to connect to from there, then it doesn't switch away when you are near another device.

It's been working week for me since doing it this way. I used to switch directly from the Bluetooth menu.
Hopefully this works for you.

It may seem obvious but it's worth noting that the Audio Path toggle is only displayed when an additional audio path is actually available (I looked for it and couldn't see it until I turned on my Bluetooth earbuds). Thanks for pointing this out as I hadn't noticed it before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy