Question Bluetooth calling issue

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I'm using the Oukitel wp23 pro with Android 13 with Bluetooth headset Jabra.
My calls with Google Phone are impossible to use, because it is very noisy and interruptive sound
But all other calls with this headset works fine: telegram, WhatsApp and all others.
How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

Recently I had a similar experience with my Galaxy Buds FE where for some reason they defaulted to NC off. I guess they expected people would want to hear ambient sound while on a call instead of providing the best sound experience possible...? Go figure. So are you using the Jabra Sound+ app with your headphones? Check that in the settings it has noise cancelation turned on for calls or ambient sound off for calls. With those other apps the headphones are probably not seeing them as "calls" but rather sounds from the device. When using the Phone app it see this activity as an actual "call" and changes the behavior of the device.

If you're not using the Jabra Sounds+ app perhaps try it to unlock more options, which may include the ability to change this default behavior.

Let us know what you find and we can go from there.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

Recently I had a similar experience with my Galaxy Buds FE where for some reason they defaulted to NC off. I guess they expected people would want to hear ambient sound while on a call instead of providing the best sound experience possible...? Go figure. So are you using the Jabra Sound+ app with your headphones? Check that in the settings it has noise cancelation turned on for calls or ambient sound off for calls. With those other apps the headphones are probably not seeing them as "calls" but rather sounds from the device. When using the Phone app it see this activity as an actual "call" and changes the behavior of the device.

If you're not using the Jabra Sounds+ app perhaps try it to unlock more options, which may include the ability to change this default behavior.

Let us know what you find and we can go from there.
Hi @VidJunky
Thanks for your fast reply
I used my headset without Jabra Sound+
And there is no any settings similar to what you mention.
After your message, I've installed Jabra Sound+ .
But I found that my device is not supported by this app. Even there are no similar models in their list.
So this app doesn't help me.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Also I've installed another caller app - TruePhone. But with the same result.
So only the cellular call with headset works ugly that I can't recognize what is said.
All other internet calls with this headset works perfect.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Good test. I usually recommend things like that but I was too confident in my answer to think beyond it. Lol. Also odd that their app didn't work with their earbuds. It also points to the phone being the source of the issue rather than the buds.

With this latest description of the issue it almost sounds like maybe the phone mic is hot/open mixing the two creating this issue. Try calling someone and planning a finger over the mic. Maybe place and remove the finger a few times to check for differences. Many phones have multiple mics so I would assume it would be the one in the chin/bottom of the phone.

Another thing to try would be to start the call with the buds active or not and then switch to the other, maybe a couple of times like with the finger, to see if the problem goes away with or without going through the buds. You might already know the answer to this.

At this point I don't have any answers so if we can define when it happens maybe we can solve it or create a workaround. Speaking of workaround, if you're not opposed, perhaps try another dialer. Google makes a phone/dialer app with decent ratings that shouldn't cause issues or conflicts. Then we could say it's not something in the default phone app itself.

Let us know what you find.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
OK so you do have a weird problem in that some of your apps work fine with your Jabra earbuds but some don't. It could be some kind of obscure conflict between your phone and your earbuds, but that would typically show up as all those apps work OK, or none of them do. The same applies to the phone dailer app involved, not likely but possible.

Your phone being a pretty recent model, and Android 13 having a current version of Bluetooth are plus points that minimize a version issue as being the problem (stress 'minimize' as this doesn't eliminate the possibility).
Perhaps this is just some kind of one-off Bluetooth glitch that popped up. When was the last time you just restarted your phone? A restart will often solve a lot mysterious behavior.
Has this problem been a long-standing one or something that just started recently?

Also, have you tried to just delete the pairing in your phone's Settings >> Bluetooth menu, and re-paired it?
If not try this
-- Go into your phone's Settings >> Bluetooth menu and deleting the pairing for your Jabra earbuds. Now restart your phone.
-- As your phone is restarting, do a reset of Jabra earbuds:
-- This gives you a 'clean slate' to start off with. Go into your Settings >> Bluetooth menu and pair your earbuds again and see if that made any difference.

Reactions: mrgorin

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
With this latest description of the issue it almost sounds like maybe the phone mic is hot/open mixing the two creating this issue. Try calling someone and planning a finger over the mic. Maybe place and remove the finger a few times to check for differences. Many phones have multiple mics so I would assume it would be the one in the chin/bottom of the phone.
Sorry for my late reply, please. I was trying multiple different experiments.
When I call someone via the headset, it doesn't react on my finger over the phone mic. It works through the headset. The behavior is approximately the same for my phone and for another phone. We are both listening the interruptive sound. Almost impossible to recognize the speach.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Another thing to try would be to start the call with the buds active or not and then switch to the other, maybe a couple of times like with the finger, to see if the problem goes away with or without going through the buds.
It doesn't help also. When I turn off the headset it works perfectly with my phone. When I turn on the headset, the sound becomes interruptive via the headset. I did it a few times and didn't help.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
It could be some kind of obscure conflict between your phone and your earbuds, but that would typically show up as all those apps work OK, or none of them do. The same applies to the phone dailer app involved, not likely but possible.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Only cell calls work ugly. It makes the interruptive sound via the headset independent of the caller software and independent of the headset.
All other things like players or even internet calls work ok with the headset

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Also, have you tried to just delete the pairing in your phone's Settings >> Bluetooth menu, and re-paired it?
If not try this
Yes I did it also
I removed the pairing on the phone first (forget device option) then restarted the phone
I restarted my Jabra earbuds regarding your provided manual.
Then I pair it again and with the same result. Very strange.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The test I suggested with placing a finger on the mic was to prevent the mic from picking up sound when you are using the headphones just in case it was active at the same time even though it should not be.

Switching between the phone only and the phone through headphones was to see what the reaction would be. Your test seems to be pointing to the headphone being the source of the issue since everything is fine without them and bad with them. Have you tried connecting them to another device and what was that result? Do they work properly with another phone? Have you tired other headphones with your phone? Sorry if these things have been mentioned but I'm not able to look back at the moment.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Have you tried connecting them to another device and what was that result? Do they work properly with another phone? Have you tired other headphones with your phone?
Sure. This Jabra headset works fine with another phone. No issue with it. It supports 2 devices at once.
And as you remember another headset works wrong with this my Oukitel wp23 pro.
So it looks like the problem is with this phone or with Android 13 OS

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Only cell calls work ugly. It makes the interruptive sound via the headset independent of the caller software and independent of the headset.
All other things like players or even internet calls work ok with the headset

Well this is an interesting revelation that changes a lot of things. This redirects the problem to your cellular service.

Try re-seating your SIM card and see if that makes a difference.
Or contact your carrier and have them send you a replacement SIM card.

If this problem is tied to cellular phone calls only, that indicates an issue with the SIM card or your carrier. Your phone uses two ways of connectivity for phone calling -- cellular and WiFi. Both are wireless technologies but there's no overlap as each is very different from the other.
-- With cellular phone calls, that involves a cellular radio chip in your phone and your cellular account info, stored within the SIM card, is used to authenticate your phone to use your carrier's cellular network. WiFi is not involved in any of that.
-- With WiFI Calling phone calls, that involves a different WiFi radio chip within your phone. WiFi connectivity does not involve your carrier's cellular network. It's source is your router and its connection to a modem which itself connected your ISP's network. With a WiFi Calling phone call, authentication takes place over your broadband connectivity and your cellular service isn't a part of that.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Try re-seating your SIM card and see if that makes a difference.
Or contact your carrier and have them send you a replacement SIM card.
Interesting idea. Here is my next experiment result. I have a second phone (iPhone XS) with another SIM card from a different cell provider. But exchanging those cards doesn't change something.
On my Oukitel wp23 pro with headset I listen interruptive sound. Even during the beep when I start a call, it interrupts this beep.
So this bug doesn't depend on the SIM card and even on the cell provider. It is inside the phone or Android version or some other conflicting software

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The headset works with other devices.

Other headsets do not work with this device.

You haven't tried with a BT speaker. While most do not have microphones I wonder if it will allow you to listen via speaker and reply via phone mic? We could then get an idea of whether it might be the BT connection with the device period.

Did you mention if it was always like this or if it started at some point?

You've forgotten and added the headset.

You've tried a different dialer app.

You tried a different SIM.

Have you cleared the cache for the Bluetooth apps? In your App List in settings there is one or more BT related apps. The process may be different for your device but for my Samsung I go to Settings>Applications>enable system apps to be visible in the list>go to Bluetooth. I have 3 apps related to BT. One that is simply titled Bluetooth, then Bluetooth Agent, and Bluetooth MIDI Service. I am only able to clear the cache for my app Bluetooth Agent, which may be enough because it kind of sounds like the one that plays a role in performance, like how well the devices talk to each other. If you can of course check all 3 and simply clearing the cache shouldn't have any ill effects since caches are meant to be temporary. If you clear the data for that app it may require you to pair your devices again, which wouldn't be a bad thing per se but let's start less intrusive and escalate from there.

Beyond that I'm thinking clearing the partition cache of the device next. Reaching the access point for this involves restarting the phone and using some combination of button presses while restarting to enter the bootloader. Just like with the app cache clearing this should have no negative impact or loss of data.

Let us know what you find.

mrgorin

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Have you cleared the cache for the Bluetooth apps? In your App List in settings there is one or more BT related apps.
Thanks a lot for these details
I have 3 different Bluetooth apps
- Bluetooth - impossible to clear the cache
- android.overlay.bluetoothres - cache is empty here
- Bluetooth MIDI Service- cache is empty here

So I can't change something here unfortunately

Attachments

• photo_2024-06-16_15-30-23.jpg
    photo_2024-06-16_15-30-23.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics