Bluetooth Connection Problem

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the Galaxy watch 4 classic. Set it up no problem. I could connect and disconnect 50 times in a day, no issue. Come the next day, it would only connect if I reset my watch. Who wants to reset their watch every day? It's like taking a brand new watch out of the box every morning. I sent the watch in to Samsung and they replaced a part. I Received the "repaired" watch 4 back from Samsung and had the same issue. I sent it back to Samsung again!

I received the Galaxy watch 5 pro last Friday (August 26). Set it up. I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried everything in regards to troubleshooting, no fix. I called Samsung and went through their troubleshooting. Again, no fix.

My Galaxy buds connect fine with the wearables app. I can connect via Bluetooth to several other things that I use, all with no problem. It's just my watches that I am having problems with.

Anyone experience this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

I am ready to return the watch for a refund, but of course want to exhaust every option before doing so.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I think the problem might be the PHONE, not the watch. Which phone are you using? Do you have any battery-saving apps running that may be terminating the BT connection? Is the watch going into Battery Saving mode?

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Fold 3 and starting a couple of updates ago, EVERY time I open or close my phone my watch, (4 Classic and now 5 Pro), disconnect for a few seconds then automatically reconnect, probably within 10 seconds.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I think the problem might be the PHONE, not the watch. Which phone are you using? Do you have any battery-saving apps running that may be terminating the BT connection? Is the watch going into Battery Saving mode?

I am using the 22 ultra. I thought phone too, but everything else that I want to connect via Bluetooth connects just fine. I only have problems with the watches.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any battery saving apps that will terminate BT. Which apps could do this? The watch isn't going into battery saving mode for the fact that I restart the watch and phone and also toggle BT on both as well.

I can connect to my Galaxy buds pro and Galaxy buds 2 pro with no issues, ever.

This issue has me stumped!

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fold 3 and starting a couple of updates ago, EVERY time I open or close my phone my watch, (4 Classic and now 5 Pro), disconnect for a few seconds then automatically reconnect, probably within 10 seconds.

Lucky you. I disconnected from my phone last night around 10pm. Tried to reconnect this morning around 0430.....No luck. Still haven't connected

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have WiFi turned on on the watch (if so try turning it off)? When you say you disconnect the watch, how are you doing this? (From the phone's BT menu, from the wearable app, the watch?) Are you using any other WearOS devices with the phone or another watch-type one?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have WiFi turned on on the watch (if so try turning it off)? When you say you disconnect the watch, how are you doing this? (From the phone's BT menu, from the wearable app, the watch?) Are you using any other WearOS devices with the phone or another watch-type one?

I have Wi-Fi turned on, but didn't link it to my wi-fi being that I'm troubleshooting this watch.

I usually connect and disconnect from the wearables app.

I have 2 different Galaxy buds that I am using through the wearables app, no issues.

I am currently on my third watch. My guess is that there is something in the phone that is blocking the BT connection. My phone finds the watch no problem, it just won't connect.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How are you disconnecting the watch from the wearable app? In the options I see, doing anything from the wearable app to disconnect the watch only removes the connection from the phone (which could explain why you need to reset the watch and re-pair every time). Any reason why you disconnect the watch from the phone that way (other than either putting the watch in airplane mode, turning off BT on it, or just letting it be connected when nearby)?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
How are you disconnecting the watch from the wearable app? In the options I see, doing anything from the wearable app to disconnect the watch only removes the connection from the phone (which could explain why you need to reset the watch and re-pair every time). Any reason why you disconnect the watch from the phone that way (other than either putting the watch in airplane mode, turning off BT on it, or just letting it be connected when nearby)?

Actually, no reason whatsoever. I will however try to disconnect other than through the wearables app. It's worth a shot!

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I also noticed that when I am connected, but then have my watch and phone at a distance where it disconnects automatically (because of distance), I then cannot reconnect. It's so frustrating because I can't find the fix.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the watch with another phone? (I know this might be hard to do, but at this point it sounds like the phone is the issue) Have you modified any developer options in BT radios at all? Does it happen if all other BT devices aren't connected (or do you see any BT device suddenly connect to your phone when your watch disconnects)?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the watch with another phone? (I know this might be hard to do, but at this point it sounds like the phone is the issue) Have you modified any developer options in BT radios at all? Does it happen if all other BT devices aren't connected (or do you see any BT device suddenly connect to your phone when your watch disconnects)?

I haven't tried it on another phone, and it would be hard to do. A good idea though. I haven't messed with any Bluetooth settings. Like I said earlier, I am not experiencing any Bluetooth issues with anything else. The problem happens if I am connected to another item or not.

It could easily be the phone, but not sure where to go from here.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I had the Galaxy watch 4 classic. Set it up no problem. I could connect and disconnect 50 times in a day, no issue. Come the next day, it would only connect if I reset my watch. Who wants to reset their watch every day? It's like taking a brand new watch out of the box every morning. I sent the watch in to Samsung and they replaced a part. I Received the "repaired" watch 4 back from Samsung and had the same issue. I sent it back to Samsung again!

I received the Galaxy watch 5 pro last Friday (August 26). Set it up. I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried everything in regards to troubleshooting, no fix. I called Samsung and went through their troubleshooting. Again, no fix.

My Galaxy buds connect fine with the wearables app. I can connect via Bluetooth to several other things that I use, all with no problem. It's just my watches that I am having problems with.

Anyone experience this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

I am ready to return the watch for a refund, but of course want to exhaust every option before doing so.
take a look at this

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-4-firmware-update-renders-the-smartwatch-nearly-useless/

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I disconnected from my phone last night around 10pm. Tried to reconnect this morning around 0430.....No luck. Still haven't connected

Sorry for being late to the party. My 5 is coming in today and I'm reading up on issues/fixes.

What do you mean you "disconnected from your phone"? You're purposely disconnecting your watch from your phone? The only reason to do that would be if you're switching between different watches.

Did you solve this issue?

Sent from my SM-T970 using AC Forums mobile app

maxthesilent

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I got a 5 Pro back in January and I'm connecting to a S22U. My issue seems to be the phone is disconnecting from the watch, and when I go to reconnect the watch won't see the phone. All the current software updates are on both. It happened once in January, but now three more times in the past week. I kept the two together over the past couple of days, but then it dumped out today. When I go into BT scan on the watch it picks up my Buds and a couple TV's in the house, just no phone. The only way to re-pair them is to reset the watch. I tend to believe now it's the phone and not the watch. Today I seemed to notice it happened right around the time the watch battery hit 15%, so I'll see if it happens again next time. Not sure if there's a fix as the above posts seem to have similar troubles. I guess I'll wait to see if it improves when I get the 23U next week.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood