Bluetooth headphones with audio/media control

A

AC Question

As a new Android convert from iOS, I'm struggling to find a set of Bluetooth headphones that produce a decent soundstage, adequate bass with mids and highs and volume controls that controls the master volume on the device, not separately along with media playback controls - play/pause with single click, forward with two-clicks, rewind with 3-clicks.

I'm not looking for a brand endorsement but am trying to understand the technical reasons why there are discrepancies between difference devices and how they work with Android so I have a starting point to find my next set of wireless headphones. On my iOS devices, all controls work as I would expect regardless of which headset I use.

On my new OnePlus 3 and Nexus 6p, I am getting mixed results on both Android 6.0.1 and Android 7 (latest beta release).

Beats Solo 2 Wireless - volume controls are independent, media controls work as expected
Beats Powerbeats 2 - works as I expect (volume and media keys linked to device) but looking for a change as they are old don't hold a charge anymore and aren't as comfortable as I'd like
Taotronics TT-BH07 (sport model) - independent volume, media keys don't work - causes dialer to redial last number!
Bragi Dash - independent volume, media controls work but terrible Bluetooth performance

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards