Bootloader Issue

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So last night I went to flash the 5.0 factory Image and when I tried to get to the bootloader, nothing showed up on the screen. I held down, PWR+ VOL UP + VOL DOWN and the device vibrated, but nothing showed up on the screen. I tired it close to 15 times. I let the tablet charge and then tried it, I tried a factory reset and tried it, nothing would show up on the screen. I even tried the adb command to reboot to the bootloader, nothing. Then I noticed that if I press my power button quickly after the device vibrates, the device boots, almost as if I was selecting the Start feature in the bootloader. I repeated the process and plugged in my N10 and typed, adb devices, and it showed up in the cmd window as at the bootloader. My N10 was at the bootloader, the screen however, only showed a black screen, it wasn't even back-light. My question is, does anyone have any idea why the bootloader won't show on screen?

FYI I was able to flash 5.0, by watching a YouTube video and counted all the button presses (I had to unlock the bootloader and it got stuck in a boot loop so I needed the wipe the memory from the bootloader).

Last edited:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
How long did you wait for the screen to appear after pushing volume up, volume down and power at the same time? Sometimes it takes a minute or two for anything to happen.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App