Bricked my EVO

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
yah, I agree... they're making money.

But it's not an easy business. If it were easier, you'd see more American companies in it. I mean, Dell's claim to Android fame is ... the Streak? HP has.... nothing, but they have webOS and the Pre2 coming out which they paid 1.4billion for.

The biggest global players are Nokia, Samsung, LG, Apple... I think they're all bigger than HTC. I'm just sayin it's not easy being in the handset business. I think HTC's margins are justifiable.

/shrug

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I would never hack or root my Evo but that's just my opinion to each his or her own.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yah, I agree... they're making money.

But it's not an easy business. If it were easier, you'd see more American companies in it. I mean, Dell's claim to Android fame is ... the Streak? HP has.... nothing, but they have webOS and the Pre2 coming out which they paid 1.4billion for.

The biggest global players are Nokia, Samsung, LG, Apple... I think they're all bigger than HTC. I'm just sayin it's not easy being in the handset business. I think HTC's margins are justifiable.

/shrug

Oh starting and running any business isn't easy.... There are plenty of handset makers out there that have tried and failed.. HTC has been around a while and are just now starting to put out some of the best handsets in the business. They have all had their fair share of duds along the way.... Once you get it right you make plenty of money... Apple is showing that and I think HTC is starting to build a decent following.. Motorola had a major hit with the Razor and then they were a dud for a while until their new Android phones..

It's tough... No doubt.... for every Apple or HTC there are probably hundreds that fail.... I was just commenting directly about the EVO and HTC.... They are not losing money.... They are putting out a pretty good product and they can afford to give away a phone or two along the way with out losing any money. I think about the only thing that would break them would be a complete recall of the EVO, Incredible, Hero ever made... Then they would be in trouble... but with these forums you only hear about the complaints... I promise for every horror story or bricked/bad phone there are 100+ with no complaint at all (and this goes for a lot of products)