Broken apps in N

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering taking the plunge soon via OTA but just wondering if anyone has found any apps that don't work in N.

I know not everything will work in multi window or things may crash from time to time but I'm looking for apps that flat out don't like N.

I use fitbit and I know they're not the best about keeping up with latest android features and compatibility.

xiLLeNtz

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
If you're Canadian I found the TD banking app does not work at all. In fact, I keep getting notifications about it crashing but since updating I've never opened it [until now].

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had an issue with Outlook on the Nexus 9, but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. Android Pay doesn't work because it is a beta. Otherwise everything I use has been working.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had an issue with Outlook on the Nexus 9, but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. Android Pay doesn't work because it is a beta. Otherwise everything I use has been working.

Android Pay could be a deal breaker for me. Do you know if they blocked it and are treating the beta like a custom rom or if it just doesn't work well in N?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Android Pay could be a deal breaker for me. Do you know if they blocked it and are treating the beta like a custom rom or if it just doesn't work well in N?

It is blocked on the beta path for all dev previews. Once N is actually released this fall it will work on N.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Only two I can find that don't work are Splashtop Streamer and MX Player. The second I can live without but I use the first regularly, we'll see if I can find a replacement.

I've also noticed the Google keyboard is either laggy or low frame rate or something.

jmh625

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Also the Google news and weather widget stopped showing the weather. The news portion stills works for what it is worth.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884