Broken Note2 found in street

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just found a severely broken Note2 in a parking lot near my job. The screen is completely shattered and I am wondering is there a way I can connect the phone by USB and be able to see the Gmail account or something else that can help me identify who this phone belongs to?. The phone still turns on, just no way to see it on the screen.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just found a severely broken Note2 in a parking lot near my job. The screen is completely shattered and I am wondering is there a way I can connect the phone by USB and be able to see the Gmail account or something else that can help me identify who this phone belongs to?. The phone still turns on, just no way to see it on the screen.

i would return it to an official carrier company-owned store (see logo or SIM Card) and they should be able to track down the owner via the IMEI.

good karma.

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I connected the phone through USB on my spare crap laptop and I am able to see pictures, videos, music MP3's, pdf's and phone call recordings. I cannot find a contact list or the persons Gmail account with this method. Is there a way I can see more detailed info connected through USB?, maybe special software?.

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Installing KEIS and connecting the phone it was able to display the device phone number. I just texted the owner since I guess he has already replaced the device and I am arranging to meet up and return today.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Installing KEIS and connecting the phone it was able to display the device phone number. I just texted the owner since I guess he has already replaced the device and I am arranging to meet up and return today.

be careful. bring the Glock just in case.

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
pretty easy delivery, owner already bought a Nexus 6 to replace the Note 2, He was so appreciative with the honesty to return the device that he gave me 100$ unsolicited. Feels good to help someone like that the $$ was just a little bonus, He mentioned that he a lot of personal info unencrypted on that device and had someone dishonest found it, he might end up a severe victim of Identity Theft.