Browser Problem

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having any issues with the stock browser? On my phone, it will sort of freeze; when it happens, I can still scroll on whatever page I'm on, but all the links on that page are dead, hitting the back button does nothing, and if I open a new tab, whatever URL I put in won't load. If I jump out and wait a while (15 minutes or so), when I go back in, it works normally again.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced an issue like that on my One yet. Does it do it on all web sites, or just specific sites? Javascript heavy sites may slow it down somewhat. Also, try the Chrome browser and see if it does the same thing.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I disabled JavaScript in the settings, and it hasn't happened since. I'm now using Next Browser for anything that requires java, and stock for everything else.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the stock browser until this happened to me with Dolphin browser. My experience was exactly as you discribed. Not sure if any of the pages I was looking at or for had java scripts running, I know a lot do, but they were all pages that I've gone to at one time or another on my Rezound. I don't recall ever having an issue like this with that device. If you diable Java does it request permission each time it's needed now, or just not run the Java added content. How often was it happening to you. I know it's happened once to me, but it may have been twice now... not 100% sure though.