Busted my Note 10+ screen now need to make decisions on new phone

redchilicat

Aug 16, 2019
Visit site
I guess this is the appropriate forum to ask because I really want to stay with a Note. I was hoping to wait until the Note 21 was released to upgrade(usually upgrade every 2 years) but it looks unlikely that it will be this year. Now I have dropped and busted the screen on my current phone and it is acting up, I am not sure I can/should wait. If I could just put a glass cover over my screen and keep it working I would wait, I thought that might be a possibility because the damage appears to be only to the glass but now I am getting intermittent unresponsiveness when trying to use the screen to type or navigate. Looks like around $300 for a proper repair and I don't think it is worth it.

What are your opinions on the Note 20 Ultra especially those of you who came from the Note 10 Plus?

Would you suck it up and pay for a repair to buy time to wait on the Fold Z3 or the possibility that the Note 21 does appear this year?

I would appreciate any advice, this is the first time I have found myself in this situation because I usually take great care of my phones.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I would just fix it personally. You could take it to ubreakifix and it shouldn't be too much to fix. Probably a couple hundred or around there.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I would just fix it personally. You could take it to ubreakifix and it shouldn't be too much to fix. Probably a couple hundred or around there.
Agreed, I used ubreakfix for broken back glass on my note 10+. They used oem parts and did a fantastic job. Couldn't ever tell this wasnt the original back

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved from the Note 10+ to the N20 Ultra and have had no buyers remorse.

The N20 Ultra 5G is a powerful phone and can be picked up cheaper nowadays or even a used one at a lower price.

It's great that phone's can be fixed like they are nowadays but if the fall damaged something inside too them this could be an issue and some phone's don't seem to recover fully especially when an unauthorised engineer cracks it open.

I wish you all the best with this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I guess this is the appropriate forum to ask because I really want to stay with a Note. I was hoping to wait until the Note 21 was released to upgrade(usually upgrade every 2 years) but it looks unlikely that it will be this year. Now I have dropped and busted the screen on my current phone and it is acting up, I am not sure I can/should wait. If I could just put a glass cover over my screen and keep it working I would wait, I thought that might be a possibility because the damage appears to be only to the glass but now I am getting intermittent unresponsiveness when trying to use the screen to type or navigate. Looks like around $300 for a proper repair and I don't think it is worth it.

What are your opinions on the Note 20 Ultra especially those of you who came from the Note 10 Plus?

Would you suck it up and pay for a repair to buy time to wait on the Fold Z3 or the possibility that the Note 21 does appear this year?

I would appreciate any advice, this is the first time I have found myself in this situation because I usually take great care of my phones.

Thanks!
Youbreakit or Samsung experience shop will replace the screen with ditgitilizer as assy for 300.00 and still keep it's water resistant.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think Samsung still offers money for cracked screens currently for trade ins.

Personally, if you're in the market I would go with the S21 Ultra and buy the spen with it. Why? There is no Note 21 this year. So you will eventually have a phone that will be two years old. For the same price IMO buy the S21 Ultra. Better camera, better specs minus Micro SD. That can this hold you off until the Note 21 if there is in.

I think there will be one next year. Released either in Feb or Aug. I'm thinking Feb.

I didn't want to stick with the Note 20 until next Feb or March at the earliest so I decided to get S21 Ultra. If the Note is nixed then I guess it's Fold 3 or 4 with hopefully Spen built in. I'd still rather have a note device over a super expensive fold.

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

Thanks!

Tuff call.. I just got my Ultra 5g and can tell you that this Note is the best one yet. In all honesty since you are going to be spending to fix your n10.. Call Samsung and just trade it in.

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
As someone with a N20U and a Fold 2, I would not opt to wait for the Fold 3. Fold devices are really cool, but are bulky and heavy. The screen protector tech really needs to improve (Fold 2 inner protector is rubbery) in order to use a Spen. One aspect of the Note that I appreciate, not sure if it applies to you is the squared off screen vs. the rounded screens of the S line.

I would check and see as mentioned above what trade in value Sammy would give you for your cracked N10+ towards a N20U and if the cost is too much I'd fix the N10+

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

Thanks!
It's a beast!

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
My advice is to run the math. Check as is trading values VS repair cost and repair cost + repaired trading values.
Personally I'm considering trading in my Note 10+ for a N20U because of the $700 trade in being offered currently. Yes I was waiting on the eventual release of the Note 22(I guess) but I'm also concerned of the trading value I would get for my 10+ then.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My advice is to run the math. Check as is trading values VS repair cost and repair cost + repaired trading values.
Personally I'm considering trading in my Note 10+ for a N20U because of the $700 trade in being offered currently. Yes I was waiting on the eventual release of the Note 22(I guess) but I'm also concerned of the trading value I would get for my 10+ then.
700.00 is pretty good to jump on now then later on the Note 20 be better trade in for next upgrade in my opinion.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!
I upgraded from the 10.I love the Note 20 ultra..... On T mobile with an unlocked flashed with T Mobile firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali