buy pixel 7 pro from att or google?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
hi,

i'm the OP.

i did the $800 deal with att: xyz monthly $$ credit.

i was stunned, and very happy, that NO bloatware was force placed on phone.

no carrier issues for me. i've been with att, cellular one before that, +25 years. keeping up with plan promotions and the latest phone, it's dizzying to me. i'm much older now than when our south florida market was one of the first to get cellular service in the nation.

best to all, dana
Congrats! Enjoy your new phone. I hope you get a lot of good use out of it and stick around the forums and check out the pixel 7 area

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Did you buy it from Gooogle and put a Verizon sim card in it? That's all I did with an unlocked from Google and no apps were added
That's what I did. Bought directly from Google unlocked version and put my Verizon SIM in the phone. After set up, had My Verizon app, the Verizon text app and I believe one other Verizon app, all of which I deleted.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did. Bought directly from Google unlocked version and put my Verizon SIM in the phone. After set up, had My Verizon app, the Verizon text app and I believe one other Verizon app, all of which I deleted.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

I had "my Verizon" app already but just checked an saw a Verizon cloud app that I deleted. Must have been added when I verified my P7P

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
But does the Unlocked version come with all the same frequencies and such as the one from the carrier?

I remember reading that some unlocked Android phones don't have all the freqs that the carrier versions have, mainly regarding 5G. IE....mmwave compatibility.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
But does the Unlocked version come with all the same frequencies and such as the one from the carrier?

I remember reading that some unlocked Android phones don't have all the freqs that the carrier versions have, mainly regarding 5G. IE....mmwave compatibility.

Try this link. There is an active discussion about this on Reddit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol