Buying a Nexus 4

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am about to make the move from the fruit to the robot! I have been testing a Nexus 4 8gb for work and have loved it. For the past 2 weeks I've been stuck between buying a 16gb Nexus or an LTE Galaxy S3. I've settled on the Nexus for the sake of the updates, processing speed, future proofing, and residual resell value despite the limited storage and inferior camera (the later of which I think will improve with future Android versions).

My query is where to buy. Google Play (UK) at ?279 or Amazon at ?299. Sounds like a dumb question but the reason is after sales service. Amazon service rocks to the core but I have read some Google service horror stories. I know Amazon will be quicker to replace kit and ask less questions so it could be worthy of the ?20 premium.

Any thoughts or insights welcome.

Cheers, and great community BTW!

Posted via Android Central App

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it boils down to how long Amazon's support extends beyond 14 days. It's easy to return defective phones to Google within the first two weeks, but after that things get more complicated. If you don't mind paying the extra cash and if Amazon will provide no-hassle returns/exchanges beyond 14 days, I'd go with Amazon.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
buy it from Google Play. Amazon support is about 14 days(return policy) after that you are on your own

Google Play has 30 days and warranty support directly from Google. Google play has gotten better these days

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
From the fruit? Apple or BlackBerry? Anyhow, the Nexus 4 from Google Play is the best tech deal around.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Ha, Apple. Was a BlackBerry user until about 2 years ago and switched to iOS (though just got given a BlackBerry Q5 for work). Bored with iPhone though (mainly due to postage stamp screen size) and Android stock totally engages me. You have to put a little more effort in to get it the way you want it, but the reward is sweet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire