Is there a way to make a Nexus 4 "be" a Nexus 5 (as far as Sprint is concerned)

elainiac

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have an older Nexus 4 that I LOVE!
Is there ANYway (as in I am not opposed to sending it in somewhere as long as the SAME phone comes back) that it can be modified to work on Sprint's network (I'm in Los Angeles, CA area)?

Sprint is the only company that has unlimited everything, and I already have one phone (which my boyfriend uses) with them, I am just so in LOVE with my Nexus 4 that I was purposefully using crappier SIMcard only carriers. Last month anything using T-mobile towers stopped working with Google Voice as far as calls or texts... I mean I could still check the Google Voice Ap, but I wouldn't be able to answer calls - the phone didn't even ring- calls went straight to voicemail - and I no longer received notifications. Plus, everyone's prices went up AND there is a new pre-paid phone tax in CA (intended to punish drug dealers with "burner" phones, but instead punishes people with bad/no credit who need those plans) so using anybody for the same service I can get with Sprint is $20 more.

I am constantly getting the advice of "just get a new phone", but I really really don't want to do that. Would you get rid of an older dog that you love just to get a new puppy? Okay, maybe that comparison is too much. If you have a classic car that you LOVE, isn't it worth it to keep maintaining it? The other big thing is that I am unemployed and was given this phone (albeit three years ago) as a birthday gift from my mother because I couldn't afford a phone over $100 (and still can't). Some of the cheaper phones on the market are just that... cheap.

I have a SIMcard intended for a Nexus 5 from Sprint that does not work with my phone (or no one at any Sprint store can figure out how to make it work, I should say... They also didn't believe me that there was a secret CDMA radio in this phone until I showed them. )

If it' is at all possible, I would rather send MY Nexus 4 away for some modifications of the hardware/software kind than say goodbye to it. I'll save the rest of my essay of how much I LOVE this phone and how it's been so loyal and great for me these last three years for later.

If there is really no option (which I have a hard time believing) other than getting at least a Nexus 5 - I already have the SIMcard for the 5 from Sprint (and I don't really like the 5x or 6), how can I still purchase one from a reputable source (eBay is no good for this for me)?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Just get a new nexus. There is the nexus 5, 5x, 6 and 6P. 6P being the best. 6 is the second best but its huge. 5x probably what u would want and it's as good as the 6 or the nexus 5. All run practically the same hardware from google, just different build quality. All these phones are way faster, better cameras, and do every thing better than your over 3 yr old nexus 4. I reccomend the 5x you will love it

Posted via the Android Central App