Buying S9 directly from Samsung?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone ever purchased a device directly from Samsung? I am debating doing this as I can get a much better deal than through my carrier. Currently, if I trade in my LG G6 I can get the GS9 Plus for 640 dollars plus taxes and shipping of course. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing this though?

Thomasrope

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I purchased my S9+ two weeks ago directly from Samsung. It was easy, I paid $339 after trading in my S8+ and I got a free Dex Pad as part of the deal. my phone was setup to use AT&T. Very happy with the process. I had checked around with local AT&T stores and they weren't willing to give me much for my S8+ and I wouldn't have gotten my free Dex Pad.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous the trade in values to carriers. I paid 550 dollars for my LG G6 from T-Mobile. All they want to give me for it is 50 dollars. Nope. When I temporarily had a V30 which was 740 dollars with tax, the trade in value of it went down to 200 dollars. That's absolute garbage.

Also.. are you able to make additional payments on your device at any time through Samsung? This is one thing I enjoy doing with T-Mobile. Helps pay off the device much quicker.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone ever purchased a device directly from Samsung? I am debating doing this as I can get a much better deal than through my carrier. Currently, if I trade in my LG G6 I can get the GS9 Plus for 640 dollars plus taxes and shipping of course. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing this though?

It's good as long as you get the Carrier unlocked model. They're a little slow to ship it but otherwise good. Don't add the care plan if you're doing credit bc they'll charge u interest on that portion of it. Don't buy the carrier ones of you plan on unlocking it bc uoull have to pay a third party service to get an unlock code. Samsung is zero help on that.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my S9+ two weeks ago directly from Samsung. It was easy, I paid $339 after trading in my S8+ and I got a free Dex Pad as part of the deal. my phone was setup to use AT&T. Very happy with the process. I had checked around with local AT&T stores and they weren't willing to give me much for my S8+ and I wouldn't have gotten my free Dex Pad.

You're stuck with at&t unless you pay for an unlock code from a third party. Just a heads up. At&t unlock portal doesn't work unless you buy the phone from an at&t store directly or on att.com.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I have no need for the unlocked version. I have been with T-Mobile for four years and don't plan on switching.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Pre ordering can be a nightmare from samsung.com Some who order first get theirs on backorder and don't get them early.

Luckily, I've never had that problem ordering from them but I've seen a lot of headaches ordering from them and their customer service.

This is pre ordering though. Once a phone has been out two months like the S9 maybe it's fine since there are not inventory issues and such.