Bye Sprint hello Verizon

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not faulting Wiki, which isn't a good source either way, but even what you posted refutes what you claim. You said "Spint PCS didn't start until 1998". Here's a small passage from your Wiki source:

In 1994, Sprint spun off their existing cellular operations as 360 Communications for regulatory reasons, in order to start a new service in the PCS band.
So this says that Sprint PCS started in 1994. So nice try.
I think you need to re read, 360 Communications was spun off which means it wasn't a part of Sprint anymore in 1994, They were a GSM network, not CDMA, after the Spin off happened Sprint started Sprint Spectrum in Baltimore and DC area, because at that time Sprint was HQed in Baltimore. Sprint Started testing Sprint Spectrum in 1995. after 360 Comunications was completely spun off and there own company. Then in 1998 Sprint had started Sprint PCS after getting the pcs band and all the towers setup to launch the network in 98 and that is when they decided to shutdown Sprint Spectrum, and transfer all Sprint Spectrum customers over to PCS. The only way to get Sprint Spectrum phones was by way of Radio Shack in the Baltimore, DC area. and as I have stated in previous post. During the 90's NYNEX controlled cell system in NY/New England area. No cell company had a nationwide cell network until Sprint launched Sprint PCS in 98.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
And if you want to know what cellphones looked liked in the early 90's go take a look at Motorola's history page, because they quite large and bulky bricks, and were definitely not consumer friendly considering they would charge you by the minute, and long distance.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hell yeah! I ran for the hills this weekend and left Sprint. I'll pay a lil more on Verizon but at least I'll be getting my Money's worth with a better network by far. I lost unlimited data but I chose a 4 gig data plan since I never used 4 gigs on sprint anyway even with unlimited data so I should be straight. They only have any customers left because if unlimited data. That's saving their azz, but what good is it if the damn data barely works? Hello Verizon, "Can you hear me now?"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hell yeah! I ran for the hills this weekend and left Sprint. I'll pay a lil more on Verizon but at least I'll be getting my Money's worth with a better network by far. I lost unlimited data but I chose a 4 gig data plan since I never used 4 gigs on sprint anyway even with unlimited data so I should be straight. They only have any customers left because if unlimited data. That's saving their azz, but what good is it if the damn data barely works? Hello Verizon, "Can you hear me now?"

I wanted to do that. Wanted to dump my 4s from sprint and get the gs3 on Verizon. But was over ruled by the better half. She didn't want to buy a new phone just yet. So I sold my 4s and got an s3 on sprint. When next July comes if there is no LTE in my area then we are officially bouncing.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll never leave sprint every time I try to find something bad its like sprint surprises me again and plus I like the price

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is terrriiibbbllleeee. I'd rather go prepaid (nothing wrong with that) than Sprint ("big company"). Just like most have stated, lying 24/7. Its cool that u have unlimited data WHEN IT WORKS!!!! Only used about 1-2gb every month because it would never connect. Sitting happy over here on AT&T :D

Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to sprint and I am loving it. LTE is just about everywhere I need it with the exception of my house

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait till I can get the galaxy nexus I have lte all over Chicago (including my house)

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to do that. Wanted to dump my 4s from sprint and get the gs3 on Verizon. But was over ruled by the better half. She didn't want to buy a new phone just yet. So I sold my 4s and got an s3 on sprint. When next July comes if there is no LTE in my area then we are officially bouncing.

Sprint's LTE network will not be up until 2014. I got this info from a close friend who is a Sprint tech. I couldn't wait that long with their horrible service. I've had enough of having a phone and I go places and it won't work. Squeeze ya wife's booty and try to persuade her to switch. Gotta squeeze it tight though lmao

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Epic 4g thinking Sprint was rolling out service. 2 years later still no 4g, slower 3g, and less coverage it seemed. My contract was up in September and I moved from Sprint to VZW. It's great. 4g at my desk and most everywhere else. My SO and I share 2 Gb at only $4 more per month. Do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It won't be finished until then, but my area has it now

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

You must be in a great area then because Sprint's LTE coverage area is smaller than my bathroom. Kudos to you bro, you're lucky

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am one of the lucky ones with them. It took Verizon awhile to roll out here.

My understanding is that my area is covered by a smaller company that does all the upgrade for sprint so it is kinda their #1 priority. If I am right they the do all the way from Baltimore to north of Harrisburg. I would say my coverage is around 40% but it is everywhere but my house at this point

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards