Calendar app gives me no notifications

Sidbub

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
Calendar App "Business Calendar Free" will not send me notifications on my Samsung Galaxy AO2s. it doesn't show on the notification app screen . I have used that app previously on other phones. Is there anything I can do to get notifications from that app? Is it a Samsung issue maybe?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have that calendar app open in the foreground, does it give you a notification then? Is it only when you're doing other things on the phone and expecting a notification, but it doesn't show up?

I'm trying to determine if the system is killing the app in the background too aggressively, in an attempt to improve battery life. You could try going to the battery settings for the app in Settings>Apps, and make sure it's set to Unrrestricted.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Sidbub

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
If the app is open It will give a notification but if it is closed it will not. When I put in a date I have to click on "started" but when I c lose it and come back to it, it say not started. I don't know why it does that. If it stayed started it will work. I don't know how to keep it "started". My power saving is off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try long press the app>tap info> tap notifications is it toggle on ? If so go to underneath notifications type are all 3 highlighted? If so go to notifications categories and can tap each menu to get into other sub menu and check if it's ok ?

Also are you using DND (Do Not Disturb)?

Sidbub

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
I am not using DND. I am not sure what you mean long tap on app? On my app notifications screen this app does not show there. On the app screen this app shows yes on notify.(allow sound and vibrate).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo