call connection problem, please help

joshuaak

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. Running MeanBean 2.2 as of this morning...
PRI: 2.87_003
PRL: 25010
Radio:1.12.11.1119
S-OFF

I clean flashed Meanbean 0.2, been dirty flashing through MB 2.0, then clean install from 2.0 on. For about the past two weeks (maybe since MB 1.5?) i've been having intermittent problems answering and making calls. About half the time when it rings i hit answer and it looks like it's connected, but all i get is my own voice echoed back to me and the caller can't hear me but it connects for them. Sometimes its just silence on my end. Everything else works pretty flawlessly. Occasionally mobile data connection lags when leaving WiFI, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, sometime when i place a call i get the same thing: all i hear is my own voice echoed back but no connection.

Tired updating profile/PRL. Tried re-updating radio/PRI. Tried clean flash. I usually have 2-5bars of reception when this happens. Happens in multiple locations around town. I spoke to Sprint, they said all towers in my locations are working and there's no problem on their end.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Ideas on whether this is a phone/ROM issue or a Sprint/sucky service issue?

Thanks

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. Running MeanBean 2.2 as of this morning...
PRI: 2.87_003
PRL: 25010
Radio:1.12.11.1119
S-OFF

I clean flashed Meanbean 0.2, been dirty flashing through MB 2.0, then clean install from 2.0 on. For about the past two weeks (maybe since MB 1.5?) i've been having intermittent problems answering and making calls. About half the time when it rings i hit answer and it looks like it's connected, but all i get is my own voice echoed back to me and the caller can't hear me but it connects for them. Sometimes its just silence on my end. Everything else works pretty flawlessly. Occasionally mobile data connection lags when leaving WiFI, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, sometime when i place a call i get the same thing: all i hear is my own voice echoed back but no connection.

Tired updating profile/PRL. Tried re-updating radio/PRI. Tried clean flash. I usually have 2-5bars of reception when this happens. Happens in multiple locations around town. I spoke to Sprint, they said all towers in my locations are working and there's no problem on their end.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Ideas on whether this is a phone/ROM issue or a Sprint/sucky service issue?

Thanks

How long ago did you try the clean flash? And did you flash the most recent update, or did you flash MB 0.2? I am pretty sure we're at 2.3 as of this morning and at the rate Mikey has been going, we'll have another update tonight (amazing!). I would try another clean flash and see if that solves anything. If that doesn't work, you could return it to stock and see if it's something with the rom or if it is your phone.

I am just one other user, but I am not experiencing any of the issues you are, so I don't think it's anything faulty in the rom.

joshuaak

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How long ago did you try the clean flash? And did you flash the most recent update, or did you flash MB 0.2? I am pretty sure we're at 2.3 as of this morning and at the rate Mikey has been going, we'll have another update tonight (amazing!). I would try another clean flash and see if that solves anything. If that doesn't work, you could return it to stock and see if it's something with the rom or if it is your phone.

I am just one other user, but I am not experiencing any of the issues you are, so I don't think it's anything faulty in the rom.

I did the clean flash on MB 2.0, been OTA installing 2.1-2.3. and still the same issue. Yes, Mikey is a beast. If i don't get any other feedback i may just go back to stock and see what happens. Seems to me that HTC phones have a lot of different personalities.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I did the clean flash on MB 2.0, been OTA installing 2.1-2.3. and still the same issue. Yes, Mikey is a beast. If i don't get any other feedback i may just go back to stock and see what happens. Seems to me that HTC phones have a lot of different personalities.

Yeah man, they are all unique - good luck.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i had about the same problem, i had data and everything but when i made a call it either was real choppy or the call would just dropped. sprint couldn't figure it out. First they told me it was a network issue but when i told them the other 4 phones on my account worked then they told me it was jellybean...lol. this was a tech mind you. Anyways they ended up replacing my LTE with a SG3. Im not a sammy guy i have been a HTC guy from the word go, but i have to tell you this SG3 isn't bad at all. I hope to upgrade to the M7 when the time comes. So my advise is to keep bugging sprint about it til they fix the problem for you.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So it was the hardware that was the problem?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Not so sure about, i know after taking thr JB update is when it started. you know the old saying ..the squeaky wheel gets the grease and i wasnt taking another LTE cuz sprint said i'd prolly have the same issue

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Not so sure about, i know after taking thr JB update is when it started. you know the old saying ..the squeaky wheel gets the grease and i wasnt taking another LTE cuz sprint said i'd prolly have the same issue

Probably a good decision then. I think it's weird that everyone has had issues. I have added 3 LTE's to my plan since May and they have all been brilliant.

Joshuaak, did you get it figured out?

joshuaak

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably a good decision then. I think it's weird that everyone has had issues. I have added 3 LTE's to my plan since May and they have all been brilliant.

Joshuaak, did you get it figured out?

No, not yet. Sprint gave me some more $ towards this months' bill which is something. Working all week, planning on flashing a stock ROM this weekend to see if that rectifies things. I wouldn't mind an offer to upgrade/downgrade/lateral-move to a SGS3 though. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooli