Call Recorder app that works?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all of the call recording apps and Call Recorder by Skvalex works best for me. It is the only app i've found that records both sides of the conversation even when using Bluetooth. Yes, your phone must be rooted for everything to work.

karanthsrihari

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Call Recording depends on Android version the mobile is having than the device. Some android version might allow 2 side voice recording, and an upgrade in OS might make it stop recording the other side voice (You will have to use speaker mode in that case).

One Call Recording software which can be used as spyware (by hiding icon and remotely pulling call records once in a while): Remote Call Recorder

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
"Call Recording depends on Android version the mobile is having than the device."
Yes and no.
The Android OSes (since at least 4.x) have included, by default, a subroutine which allows the telephone audio streams to be sent to any "device", i.e. the speaker, the earbud, Bluetooth, or a file.
That subroutine, that library component, has been removed from almost all phones on the US market over the past 5+ years. So you could say the problem is specific to the phones--but the same exact phones, used with the same exact UNMODIFIED OS overseas, work perfectly well out of the box.
The carriers and the phone makers each say "the other guy did it" so obviously, there is some type of major lying going on, for no apparently good reason. This only affects the *modified* OS in US-market phones of all sorts. And such modification (removing core code from the OS) is also against the terms of the Android license, it is grounds for Google to revoke permission to use the OS. So even curiouser, because Google is apparently supporting and aiding someone who is intentionally blocking call recording on US-market phones.
Phones sold in the EU, Japan, even China and Korea, have no such problem.

This has got nothing to do with spyware. Recording your own calls is perfectly legal, according to the FCC, and their rulings take precedence over any and all state or territorial laws in the US. A cell phone is a radio, not a telephone, under federal law and FCC confirmation.

Someone is tampering with the US-market phones. Don't let nonsense about wiretaps and spyware distract you from that. Cell phones also can be used for illegal surreptitious video recording and yet, no one makes a cell phone that has a blinking red light to warn people it is recording video, do they? So much for concerns about the laws.

Worry more about who gains from tampering with the OS in your phone, and why the carriers and makers all are supporting this.

star1229

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
regarding whether it is a felony to record call.. the law is, as long as one person is aware that the call is being recorded, it is legal. It would be illegal for someone to record two or more other person's conversation without their knowledge or consent. I work as a Director in a 911 center, all of our calls are recorded and we do not have an announcement advising they are because it is not illegal.