call sounds robotic

FiveG

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
I have T-mobile magenta max, great internet connectivity, even with WiFi calling off still I have issues with robotic calls. It just takes one app r web page being open before a call comes on, and here we go again! Voice comes in distorted an robotic. I called T mobile and was on the line for one hour, the rep couldn't grasp the issue after putting me on hold for 5 times and asking questions after questions. I gave up and now I use my phone for work the way I used to use a dumb phone from 2004. In fact a 1400 dollars phone works as a 50 dollars Nokia with Symbian OS.

Darla B

Aug 19, 2022
Visit site
I'm with an entirely different provider, Spectrum Mobile. I have Samsung S20 ultra. I am having the same issues constantly. I don't use wifi calling. Has anyone resolved this? I'm to the point of getting a new phone leaving I'm so frustrated.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm with an entirely different provider, Spectrum Mobile. I have Samsung S20 ultra. I am having the same issues constantly. I don't use wifi calling. Has anyone resolved this? I'm to the point of getting a new phone leaving I'm so frustrated.
Are you using a phone that is unlocked purchased from Samsung, unlocked purchased from Verizon, or a phone unlocked purchased from a different carrier? What firmware is it running? Spectrum uses the Verizon network, so maybe if it's running firmware for a carrier other than Verizon that could be the issue.