Camcorder crash CM7.1 RC1

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Incredible running CM 7.1 RC1 and I have had very good performance, but recently I have not been able to switch to video in the camera application.

I open the camera and can take still pictures, but when I switch to video it shows a black screen in the camera window, and then the entire screen goes black. I either have to wait for the Force Close, Wait, Report box appears, or hold the back button to force close the application.

Video used to work for a while after I first loaded this ROM, so I do not know what would have caused this problem.

I have considered wiping and reinstalling, but I was wondering if there are any tips before I go that route.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Before you do a full wipe I'd download the latest nightly (#206 I think) and try flashing that.
You don't have to do the traditional "full" wipe.. just the data/cache and the dalvik.

Nightly #206 has LOTS of improvements over RC1.

Worst case scenario you start getting a lot of Force Closes and you have to do a complete wipe, which you were about to do anyway, or you restore to the Nandroid you made before you attempted to flash #206 (you did make a Nandroid right?!)

There's a very good chance you won't have to go through the pain of a full wipe.

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Is running the nightly any higher risk than the experimental builds? I'm willing to clear all of my data and load the nightly if that means I'll have a better build than the RC1.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Is running the nightly any higher risk than the experimental builds? I'm willing to clear all of my data and load the nightly if that means I'll have a better build than the RC1.

At this point no. If you were talking about the early nightly's like (#50 and earlier) then perhaps but at this point most of the bugs have all been worked out, and most of the major features that will ever be added have been added. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert, I'm certainly not part of the Cyanogen team so I can't say these things with certainty but these are just my impressions.

Running the nightly is no more risk than RC1, and in my opinion running them is way better because they include many fixes and some add ons that may not have been included in RC1 at that time.

Just be sure to make a nandroid as cheap insurance that you either don't get a bad download, or by some chance maybe something in the nightly's does get screwed up.

Nandroid=life saver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore Rebecca