Camera album is missing?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy s7 edge. I'm not sure a what point in time but my phone made another "camera" album in my gallery for any pics I take using the phone's default camera app. After the second "camera" album was made all my pics taken started to save to that album, not the first "camera" album I had. Fast forward to now, that second "camera" album and all the pics (the majority of my pics!!!) are missing??? Where tf did they go?? How can I get them back since I definitely didn't delete them or send them somewhere..??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an SD Card installed? If so, maybe the phone started saving to SD card and now (as they often do, especially with Samsung phones...just check the forums), the card failed or became corrupted. If that's the case, that would explain the folder and images to be gone. You might have some success recovering the pictures if you try to read the card on a computer, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up if damage/corruption is the issue. If the SD card is the problem, try checking that it's properly inserted; it might have just moved/popped out a bit and caused the phone not to see it anymore.

Annoyed11

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Do you have an SD Card installed? If so, maybe the phone started saving to SD card and now (as they often do, especially with Samsung phones...just check the forums), the card failed or became corrupted. If that's the case, that would explain the folder and images to be gone. You might have some success recovering the pictures if you try to read the card on a computer, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up if damage/corruption is the issue. If the SD card is the problem, try checking that it's properly inserted; it might have just moved/popped out a bit and caused the phone not to see it anymore.

I have an sd card that came with the phone? I've never taken it out or tampered with it at all. I have the settings set to apps and pics are saved on the SD card but that never actually worked! My phone's storage was always used instead and I have no idea why, it's always aggravated me. If the one album randomly started saving to the sd card wouldn't it still show up in my gallery? The whole album is gone, it's not like just the pictures are missing and the album is empty. I'm at a loss. I'm reluctant to go in to ask someone for help cause I'm pretty sure there are nudes in the album lol I guess I'll just go to another woman and ask...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the camera pictures started saving to SD card, you'd see them in the Gallery, yes, but as a separate folder (Camera Internal, Camera SD card), which kinda explains why you saw two folders. Problem is if the SD card is no longer recognized or has been damaged, the Gallery ceases to see any files in it (and since the folder was in the SD card and the phone cannot see it, it will disappear from the Gallery as well and only show one Camera (internal) folder.

Also check if you have any app that syncs pictures that might have been set to clear storage after a certain period of time (sort of like space saving for pictures that are already backed up). But to me it sounds like the first scenario (pictures started saving to SD card, then SD card is no longer available or files became corrupt/damaged). You can check the SD card either on a computer or through the My Files app to see if there is a DCIM folder somewhere (that's where your pictures would have gone to if they were saved there).

nielsy1968

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site

I had the same or similar problem. "Camera" album suddenly not visible in Gallery app whilst using internal storage as the camera default storage. So when I took photos they would normally appear in that album. If I had deleted all photos and started again and took new multiple photos it would normally show the "camera" album and those photos inside the album but for some reason it was missing. I fixed it by taking a video. The album reappeared with the video and the rest of the photos I took that were not previously showing. Hope that helps....

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463