Camera App

Eoin Fahey

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
What is the best camera app for the G3. I have the phone less than a week but found a lot of the pics I have taken with the stock app of my 2 year old daughter have been blurry. Is just something that I am doing wrong in the setting or the stock app. Will the laser focus still work with third party app?

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not the focusing feature works with a third party app will probably be on a case by case basis and depend on which app you download. Is the stock app Google Camera, by chance?

Eoin Fahey

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
no it is the stock LG app but have used shot control app before on previous android but was hoping that the lg app would have been an improvement

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The LG G3 takes amazing photos in bright light but not in dark lighting. To compensate for this LG's stock camera has a special algorithm which smooths out noise in low light. While it does a great job of smoothing out noise this same algorithm makes lines blurry which is unacceptable to me. Try doing a comparison between the stock app and google camera for example in low light. You will see the low light pictures taken by the LG stock camera have much less noise than those taken by the google camera but the pictures taken by the google camera are much sharper. The problem is that whatever processing that is causing the improvement of low light images is the same processing that is butchering perfectly lit pictures. For this reason in stopped using the stock camera and now use google camera exclusively while turning on flash in low light situations. Laser autofocus is not necessary as the phase detection focus of third party cameras focus just as fast. I haven't noticed much improvement in focus speed between LG laser focus and google camera phase detection focus. No more blurry pics :). Just use flash in low light and you will be fine. The blurry pics with the stock camera defeat the purpose of a 13MP camera. Good luck...

Posted via the Android Central App

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not noticing any lines in my pictures with the stock app. I generally use all default settings (13M, HDR & flash set to Auto) and I tap the screen to focus before I take pictures. Maybe you have a bad camera?

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not noticing any lines in my pictures with the stock app. I generally use all default settings (13M, HDR & flash set to Auto) and I tap the screen to focus before I take pictures. Maybe you have a bad camera?

I took some pictures at a concert over the weekend and when I got home and downloaded them they are just huge and are very blurry. I went in and made copies of them a used a program to reduce the size of them and regain a little more clarity. But I also went into the camera settings and reduced the size down from 13M to 9M but I don't know if that will help anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts