Camera apps using Pixel 8

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone with the Pixel 8 (not Pro) tell me if camera apps that have manual features (focus, f-stop, exposure control) work well? I just got it and I'm starting to get scared as someone who likes more control that the P8 will never have that. I just also found out there's no modded Gcam for it either. Surely someone has tested out other camera apps to see if they work well?

Thanks!

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone with the Pixel 8 (not Pro) tell me if camera apps that have manual features (focus, f-stop, exposure control) work well? I just got it and I'm starting to get scared as someone who likes more control that the P8 will never have that. I just also found out there's no modded Gcam for it either. Surely someone has tested out other camera apps to see if they work well?

Thanks!
More control than manual mode? Also, why would you need GCam, it is my understanding GCam was a mod for Android so you could attempt to take same quality photos as Pixel? Sorry I read Pixel 8 not Pro after my post. It does sound like you were the perfect buyer for the P8P.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I would agree with the previous poster. Why would you need a gcam app for a pixel?
The Pixel 8 doesn't have any manual controls on the camera. In all previous Pixel phones, the non-Pro versions could run a modified gcam to get those manual controls. But I'm not asking about that, I'm asking whether anyone has tried other camera apps to see if all the standard Camera2 API manual controls work with them or not.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
It does sound like you were the perfect buyer for the P8P.
Thanks for reading my post again. Yes, that would be lovely but it's out of my budget and wasn't free like the P8 with the provider I switched to. I just need to know if the other camera apps work with their manual controls.