Camera Display

Sandbuster

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Fairly new to tablets but old PC guy. If this is not correct forum for my issue please advise - wouldn't be the first time someone told me where to go..

New to what appears to be not a very active forum but hoping one or more kind folks can provide a solution or advise straight out "not possible". I recently purchased a SM-T570 Samsung tablet with the intention of mounting same in my 2019 Toyota 4runner to achieve a larger GPS display - mission accomplished. However (part 2..) is to have the ability to interface my OEM backup camera and a new front view camera onto the Samsung display. This is where I'm encountering a road block which is either "it can't be done" or I've simply reached the end of my pay grade skills - I hope its the latter. Both cameras terminate in RCA connections. I have found a USB-c to RCA adapter cable (data & charging) but I have not been able to find a suitable app that will recognize the USB and process the feed from either camera. As of this moment I'm at the "proof of Concept" stage working on the bench before I integrate the system into the Toyota. I'm hoping this is a possible venture and not just a fantasy but if the experts say "ain't gonna happen" then I'll move along to the next project.

Thanks for considering!

Mike

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I'm not 100% on where you might get the best advice or answers. While yeah this is an Android place your request is very specific and likely wouldn't apply to too many members. Anyway, 2019 is a good year if memory serves because that is the year that the Entune radio in Toyotas got Android Auto, or was it 2020??? All I know is my 2018 has an older version of this radio and my options are limited to Scout, Toyotas own brand or partner brand of navigation that uses a subscription and is horrible at finding directions. On a personal note, it took me 4 miles out of my way to get on a road that ran half a mile away from my starting point and did other weird and silly things. So guess what, not a fan.

In the meantime, if yours is the version with AA you can project your Android screen on to the Entune but it isn't likely that you will be able to project the Entune on to the tab. Back when I was researching why my fancy new radio, Infotainment and all, didn't display Maps or do any of the other Google stuff I thought I had seen a video or instruction on how to connect to the radio display that involved attaching a cable to the unit behind the panel. It also involved an adaptor kit, or maybe I'm confusing two different connections... Anyway, I found this by looking up stuff on the Entune system. I didn't find much in the way of Android and Toyota or Android and Entune. Ironically iPhone gets it's own app that even works with my 18 model. Isn't that just as sweet as tea, bless their hearts. All this to say that I think you'll have better luck looking up the Entune system for tips, tricks and how-tos.

To me it doesn't seem likely that you'll find a way to do what you want only because most people would want to project their small, usually a phone vs a tab, screen to their car, rather than the reverse of that.

Let us know what you find, it might help someone.

Best wishes