Camera - - is it a dealbreaker?

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've read mostly great things about this phone. Only complaint seems to be the phone. I previously had crappy cameras with a blackberry and now my Droid X. My husband has a Rezound and it's screen is so pretty and I love its camera. I just don't like the thickeness with the extended battery (which I wouldn't get a Rezound without it). So, for those with the Maxx, is the camera decent? Such as in low light? Please tell me it's better than the Bionic, which I had for 5 days but returned because it was TERRIBLE.

I know, people say to use a camera and for situations that call for it, I do. But it's nice to have a phone with a more than acceptable camera (unlike my previous blackberry, Bionic and droid x).

I'm thisclose to buying a Maxx, but keep second guessing myself! :-\

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been unhappy with the camera in low light. It isn't a deal breaker for me, because I don't take THAT many pics with my phone. But in the daylight, this phone takes fantastic pictures. I love it when i'm outside during the day taking pictures. But at night, the flash is good, but the exposure seems off because the pics always are a little dark and blurry

Reactions: hazelgreen

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't think the lack of camera capability should be a deal breaker at all. I personal am not impressed at all with this camera because my last phone had an awesome camera. Best I have ever had on a phone but the phone just sucked.

You can downlad apps to enhance the features of your camera on the Maxx. It has an option for low light conditions and you can increase the lighting by increasing the exposure if you need. Bottom line this phone is great and the camera should not be he reason you choose to go with something else. It's fast, the battery is the best I have seen in an android smartphone thus far and it's user friendly. The camera is less han par but the picture quality is fine and the HD video is cool. Go check it out at a corporate stroe and remember you can add apps to improve on it.

Reactions: hazelgreen

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question about the bionic, it is significantly better. I had a bionic and you are right, the camera on it was useless. The MAXX is much better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both, that helps! I think my problem is that I'm trying to find a perfect phone that has everything, and I don't think there is one just yet.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Perfect phone, sorry, no such device. No way does the camera trump the battery and reliability of this phone. The stock camera 'app' on this phone doesn't impress anyone but I downloaded the app, CameraMX and it works great. It focuses before the shot, you can adjust the image then and after very easily. Makes your camera look a whole lot better. Like I've always said, buy for reliable hardware. Software and apps can be upgraded. You may want to wait for a Razr MX HD though there is no telling when it will arrive.

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As a father of a 3 year old son & daughter due next month, the camera is a HUGE selling point. We have a DSLR, but don't often bring it with us wherever we go. Our Android phones are always with us.

I was hoping that the Droid Incredible 4g LTE was going to have the ImageSense camera from the HTC One series, so I may hold out for the next HTC on VZW that does.

I agree that 3rd party camera apps can perform better than the stock one, but a software enhancement can't fully take the place of better hardware.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the Bionic for a brief period, and the Maxx is definitely better. It's not the best camera out, but it's not the worse either. It'll get the job done in most cases.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not a deal breaker... its actually very good. Here at two pics I took today. One up close and one far away.
a6f84329-4a9c-079d.jpg

a6f84329-4ab0-5a6b.jpg

via Razr MAXX

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
If those pics are crappy or sub-par some people will never be happy. Great pics by the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ran out of time at work but when I got to the checkout, final price was $124. Hoping to find time tomorrow to purchase on our crappy home computer. I've over a year overdue for an upgrade. Not sure if that matters?

Those pictures are fabulous!

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to buy it off my phone but didn't get unlimited automatically like earlier today. Ugh, will try again tomorrow on computer. Hope they didn't already discontinue unlimited data

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using an app to help the camera on the phone? Great job with the pictures :) I can understand people would like a quality picture when using their phone. But if your are looking for a professional type pictures buy a good camera

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the camera seriously sucks, but I may just be spoiled because my last phone took fantastic pics. Now the pics look like they were taken with a phone camera...which they were.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuanbinh9990