Camera not working

JWar2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 and the camera app doesn't work at all. every time i try to access my camera or gallery, the phone just freezes a few seconds, blinks then returns to the home screen. has been doing this for 2 weeks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 and the camera app doesn't work at all. every time i try to access my camera or gallery, the phone just freezes a few seconds, blinks then returns to the home screen. has been doing this for 2 weeks.
Go into system settings > applications > camera app (not sure what the exact name of it is on the S3, could be twcamera.apk) and force stop it then clear cache. See if that helps.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's shown as Camera; also do the same thing for Gallery (For each app Clear cache [if it's enabled] and Clear data. BTW, they're under Settings -> Application manager -> All).

What happened two weeks ago when the problem started?

Are your pictures stored on the internal memory or an SDCard? If the latter, try unmounting the SDCard and see what happens.

Finally, you could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the cache.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Pacos Tuke

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
three weeks past, i've been using the galaxy s4 and the camera is not working.Not even anything appeared when i push the camera. And also the gallery isn't working.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Pacos,
Did you try the suggestions in post #3?
Have you had this problem the whole time you've had your S4 or did it just start 3 weeks ago?
If the latter, what else happened around the same time (ex. you installed an SD card; received an OTA update; etc)?
If you have an SD card, you could try removing it to see if the problem goes away - perhaps it got corrupted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If clearing cache for the app doesn't work, try this:

Go to Settings / Application Manager, tap Menu, then tap Reset App preferences.

If that doesn't work, turn the phone off (all the way off, powered down completely), then boot into recovery. Press and hold, at the same time, the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons. Hold them until you see the Samsung logo, then release all three. It should boot to a text menu. (If it doesn't, turn the phone off and try again.) Use the volume buttons to select the option to clear cache, then press the power button. Then select the option to reboot the phone, and press power.

Reynald Dizon

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I got a problem with my camera. With this past 2 day using my Android Phone Camera, I took several photos and I thought the images taken was save on my gallery but I found out that my camera looks like it captures photo but photos is not save on my phone or elsewhere.

I tried deleting my excess file and it always happen not storing my images. What should I do?

My camera has sufficient memory and I do not know if the photos taken were saved on my phone. thank you

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I got a problem with my camera. With this past 2 day using my Android Phone Camera, I took several photos and I thought the images taken was save on my gallery but I found out that my camera looks like it captures photo but photos is not save on my phone or elsewhere.

I tried deleting my excess file and it always happen not storing my images. What should I do?

My camera has sufficient memory and I do not know if the photos taken were saved on my phone. thank you
Are you saving to the SD card? I would suggest checking with a file manager application and see if the photos are stored on the SD card. Also make sure you don't have any cloud service backing up photos and deleting the originals once uploaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz