Camera NX with HDR+ available

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Today I experimented outside and I didn't find a significant difference between hdr+ and the native Force processing. But I'll continue to play around with it.

benjaminh

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
HDR+ can help take better photos in a few situations. Low light shots can be improved. It can also help with high contrast shots so the sky and other elements aren't overexposed. Your mileage may vary.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
While we're on the camera/hdr topic, I've noticed that with hdr set to on, there is not a "hold camera steady" message on the stock Moto camera app as opposed to when it's set to auto or off. Helps a lot.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
While we're on the camera/hdr topic, I've noticed that with hdr set to on, there is not a "hold camera steady" message on the stock Moto camera app as opposed to when it's set to auto or off. Helps a lot.

I think that's because of the best shot feature. I often get that even with HDR turned off.

benjaminh

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of experimentation using the Force, here are some observations. In most cases, HDR off using the Force camera app or the NX app gives the worst photos. For outdoor photography I generally found the Force camera app on HDR auto or on gave the best results, even over the NX app. Sometimes auto is better, other times on is better. Better contrast, less blown out whites. Inside with average to iffy lighting, the NX app on auto HDR+ or HDR+ on did better at balancing light in shots than the Force camera app on any setting. I did not do any action photography to compare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver